SIR – With a General Election just a few months away it is a relief to see a non-racist Euro-sceptic political party set up office in St Albans. So many voters believe that being part of the EU Political Union does not affect us - not so - at a time when
SIR - With a General Election just a few months away it is a relief to see a non-racist Euro-sceptic political party set up office in St Albans. So many voters believe that being part of the EU Political Union does not affect us - not so - at a time when our country is virtually bankrupt the UK contribution to the EU budget next year will be 60 per cent, yes, more than anyone else!
That amounts to �6.4bn paid to an organisation so riddled with corruption and fraud that it can't get its accounts signed off. Gordon Brown ratified the EU treaty without our permission, thus betraying us all. David Cameron promises to make sure "it doesn't happen again" - the trouble is it's already happened, and all further EU laws will be passed without an opt-out being allowed. Be assured that if the Tories win the next election we will hear no more of his assurances.
Finally, with all EU members having no say in their governance, and with a likely EU President at the head, we really WILL be a Federal /State of Europe with no national identitiy.
We CAN go back to being trading partners to the EU, just as many other countries are without detriment. We CAN leave the political EU which we never intended to join. Just think what that �6.4bn a year could do!
You may also want to watch:
Rowlatt Drive, St Albans
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Harpenden's first Sustainable Market is a scorching success
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests