SIR, — I was looking in today s edition (Herts Advertiser May 7) hoping for another reader s letter about the despicable edict that Travelcard holders are forbidden to use return train services to St Albans between 4.30-7.00 pm. I know this is not a new i
SIR, - I was looking in today's edition (Herts Advertiser May 7) hoping for another reader's letter about the despicable edict that Travelcard holders are forbidden to use return train services to St Albans between 4.30-7.00 pm.
I know this is not a new issue: I have in front of me an article on it in the Herts Advertiser of September 4, 2008.
But the basic injustice of this decision from First Capital Connect has not faded away. It is outrageous that parents with young children and old age pensioners are prevented from travelling home from matinees, museums, etc., in London at a sensible time.
Why should this company be allowed to victimise the weak and the old?
You may also want to watch:
What is the point of reserving seats on trains for the priority use of old people and then preventing them from having free access to the trains?
What's the local MP, the councillors and the passenger representatives doing about the withdrawal of this ruling?
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 5 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 6 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
The railway company should be held to account by customers whom it needs and persuaded to withdraw a ruling which uniquely applies to this area of the United Kingdom, uniquely apples to the citizens of St Albans, and uniquely to vulnerable sections of this community.
If there is any justice left in this benighted country, then action will be taken on this by those in power.
St Albans .