SIR, — I was looking in today s edition (Herts Advertiser May 7) hoping for another reader s letter about the despicable edict that Travelcard holders are forbidden to use return train services to St Albans between 4.30-7.00 pm. I know this is not a new i
SIR, - I was looking in today's edition (Herts Advertiser May 7) hoping for another reader's letter about the despicable edict that Travelcard holders are forbidden to use return train services to St Albans between 4.30-7.00 pm.
I know this is not a new issue: I have in front of me an article on it in the Herts Advertiser of September 4, 2008.
But the basic injustice of this decision from First Capital Connect has not faded away. It is outrageous that parents with young children and old age pensioners are prevented from travelling home from matinees, museums, etc., in London at a sensible time.
Why should this company be allowed to victimise the weak and the old?
You may also want to watch:
What is the point of reserving seats on trains for the priority use of old people and then preventing them from having free access to the trains?
What's the local MP, the councillors and the passenger representatives doing about the withdrawal of this ruling?
- 1 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 2 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 3 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 4 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 5 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 6 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 9 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 10 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
The railway company should be held to account by customers whom it needs and persuaded to withdraw a ruling which uniquely applies to this area of the United Kingdom, uniquely apples to the citizens of St Albans, and uniquely to vulnerable sections of this community.
If there is any justice left in this benighted country, then action will be taken on this by those in power.
St Albans .