SIR, — I was looking in today s edition (Herts Advertiser May 7) hoping for another reader s letter about the despicable edict that Travelcard holders are forbidden to use return train services to St Albans between 4.30-7.00 pm. I know this is not a new i
SIR, - I was looking in today's edition (Herts Advertiser May 7) hoping for another reader's letter about the despicable edict that Travelcard holders are forbidden to use return train services to St Albans between 4.30-7.00 pm.
I know this is not a new issue: I have in front of me an article on it in the Herts Advertiser of September 4, 2008.
But the basic injustice of this decision from First Capital Connect has not faded away. It is outrageous that parents with young children and old age pensioners are prevented from travelling home from matinees, museums, etc., in London at a sensible time.
Why should this company be allowed to victimise the weak and the old?
What is the point of reserving seats on trains for the priority use of old people and then preventing them from having free access to the trains?
What's the local MP, the councillors and the passenger representatives doing about the withdrawal of this ruling?
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 3 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 4 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 5 Taxi stopped with ‘tyre below legal tread depth’ on A41
- 6 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 7 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 8 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 10 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
The railway company should be held to account by customers whom it needs and persuaded to withdraw a ruling which uniquely applies to this area of the United Kingdom, uniquely apples to the citizens of St Albans, and uniquely to vulnerable sections of this community.
If there is any justice left in this benighted country, then action will be taken on this by those in power.
St Albans .