SIR, — I was looking in today s edition (Herts Advertiser May 7) hoping for another reader s letter about the despicable edict that Travelcard holders are forbidden to use return train services to St Albans between 4.30-7.00 pm. I know this is not a new i
SIR, - I was looking in today's edition (Herts Advertiser May 7) hoping for another reader's letter about the despicable edict that Travelcard holders are forbidden to use return train services to St Albans between 4.30-7.00 pm.
I know this is not a new issue: I have in front of me an article on it in the Herts Advertiser of September 4, 2008.
But the basic injustice of this decision from First Capital Connect has not faded away. It is outrageous that parents with young children and old age pensioners are prevented from travelling home from matinees, museums, etc., in London at a sensible time.
Why should this company be allowed to victimise the weak and the old?
You may also want to watch:
What is the point of reserving seats on trains for the priority use of old people and then preventing them from having free access to the trains?
What's the local MP, the councillors and the passenger representatives doing about the withdrawal of this ruling?
- 1 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 2 Battle of St Albans appears on new Wars of the Roses stamp
- 3 University student digs World War One trench in St Albans garden for film project close to his heart
- 4 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 5 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 6 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 7 Harpenden and Radlett rail passengers able to use barcode readers at stations
- 8 When will the election results be counted in Herts?
- 9 Swimming's coming home for Harpenden as club return to refurbished base
The railway company should be held to account by customers whom it needs and persuaded to withdraw a ruling which uniquely applies to this area of the United Kingdom, uniquely apples to the citizens of St Albans, and uniquely to vulnerable sections of this community.
If there is any justice left in this benighted country, then action will be taken on this by those in power.
St Albans .