SIR, — I was looking in today s edition (Herts Advertiser May 7) hoping for another reader s letter about the despicable edict that Travelcard holders are forbidden to use return train services to St Albans between 4.30-7.00 pm. I know this is not a new i
SIR, - I was looking in today's edition (Herts Advertiser May 7) hoping for another reader's letter about the despicable edict that Travelcard holders are forbidden to use return train services to St Albans between 4.30-7.00 pm.
I know this is not a new issue: I have in front of me an article on it in the Herts Advertiser of September 4, 2008.
But the basic injustice of this decision from First Capital Connect has not faded away. It is outrageous that parents with young children and old age pensioners are prevented from travelling home from matinees, museums, etc., in London at a sensible time.
Why should this company be allowed to victimise the weak and the old?
You may also want to watch:
What is the point of reserving seats on trains for the priority use of old people and then preventing them from having free access to the trains?
What's the local MP, the councillors and the passenger representatives doing about the withdrawal of this ruling?
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 8 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 A New York state of mind
The railway company should be held to account by customers whom it needs and persuaded to withdraw a ruling which uniquely applies to this area of the United Kingdom, uniquely apples to the citizens of St Albans, and uniquely to vulnerable sections of this community.
If there is any justice left in this benighted country, then action will be taken on this by those in power.
St Albans .