SIR - I was among the unfortunate commuters on June 11 who were half-way home on First Capital Connect s 6.12pm train from St Pancras International when it failed . After some delay the driver announced that we were to be shunted back to West Hampstead a
SIR - I was among the unfortunate commuters on June 11 who were half-way home on First Capital Connect's 6.12pm train from St Pancras International when it 'failed'. After some delay the driver announced that we were to be shunted back to West Hampstead and after a further long delay this duly happened.
Alighting at West Hampstead on to a massively overcrowded platform everyone waited again for a train back to St Albans. The upshot being I arrived home at around 10pm.
I filled in a form to receive compensation and a week later was informed by FCC that it provided compensation for all journeys delayed by 30 minutes or more but having checked records found that the service I indicated ran on time!
I wasn't sure whether the 'failed' train was the 6.12pm or the 6.15pm and said so on the form. Can any other commuter stuck on that hot stuffy 'failed' train on June 11 confirm the actual time that the train left St Pancras International?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area