SIR - I was among the unfortunate commuters on June 11 who were half-way home on First Capital Connect s 6.12pm train from St Pancras International when it failed . After some delay the driver announced that we were to be shunted back to West Hampstead a
SIR - I was among the unfortunate commuters on June 11 who were half-way home on First Capital Connect's 6.12pm train from St Pancras International when it 'failed'. After some delay the driver announced that we were to be shunted back to West Hampstead and after a further long delay this duly happened.
Alighting at West Hampstead on to a massively overcrowded platform everyone waited again for a train back to St Albans. The upshot being I arrived home at around 10pm.
I filled in a form to receive compensation and a week later was informed by FCC that it provided compensation for all journeys delayed by 30 minutes or more but having checked records found that the service I indicated ran on time!
I wasn't sure whether the 'failed' train was the 6.12pm or the 6.15pm and said so on the form. Can any other commuter stuck on that hot stuffy 'failed' train on June 11 confirm the actual time that the train left St Pancras International?
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 3 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 4 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 5 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 6 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 7 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 8 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 9 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
- 10 St Albans Striders shine as Midweek Road Race League makes welcome return