Town Hall use
SIR, — I write further to previous letters and articles you have printed regarding St Albans Town Hall and its use since its refurbishment and subsequent new management. It s a great shame that the cynics give it such a negative future when actually, this
SIR, - I write further to previous letters and articles you have printed regarding St Albans Town Hall and its use since its refurbishment and subsequent new management.
It's a great shame that the cynics give it such a negative future when actually, this area has such an awful lot to give with its wealth of diverse and creative talents.
It's only a matter of time before such a venue becomes accepted as a place that talent of all genres can be showcased, as we have already seen, allowing the place to finance the luxuries that would add to its beauty. Until then, the place is more than able to speak for itself with its charm and elegance.
Indeed, myself and my business partner are more than happy to put our money where our mouth is by using the venue to house our brand new venture.
You may also want to watch:
From Thursday, October 2, we will be holding a brand new flea market at The Town Hall that will take place the first and third Thursday of each month. We intend to make The Flea Market a place that new and exciting talents can showcase their wares; such as vintage clothing and homewares, French brocante, local artists and their works of art and handmade creations from lots of original ideas. We will also welcome antiques, bric-a-brac and collectables as we want the market to reflect that wealth of talent, ideas and expectation that this area can offer.
So you see from this letter and those before it, the Town Hall has a very rosy future. Fortunately there are lots of forward-thinking people who are able to see what is on their doorstep and use it to its best advantage and breathe new life into St Albans city centre.
- 1 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Brampton Road, St Albans.