Town Hall use
SIR, — I write further to previous letters and articles you have printed regarding St Albans Town Hall and its use since its refurbishment and subsequent new management. It s a great shame that the cynics give it such a negative future when actually, this
SIR, - I write further to previous letters and articles you have printed regarding St Albans Town Hall and its use since its refurbishment and subsequent new management.
It's a great shame that the cynics give it such a negative future when actually, this area has such an awful lot to give with its wealth of diverse and creative talents.
It's only a matter of time before such a venue becomes accepted as a place that talent of all genres can be showcased, as we have already seen, allowing the place to finance the luxuries that would add to its beauty. Until then, the place is more than able to speak for itself with its charm and elegance.
Indeed, myself and my business partner are more than happy to put our money where our mouth is by using the venue to house our brand new venture.
From Thursday, October 2, we will be holding a brand new flea market at The Town Hall that will take place the first and third Thursday of each month. We intend to make The Flea Market a place that new and exciting talents can showcase their wares; such as vintage clothing and homewares, French brocante, local artists and their works of art and handmade creations from lots of original ideas. We will also welcome antiques, bric-a-brac and collectables as we want the market to reflect that wealth of talent, ideas and expectation that this area can offer.
So you see from this letter and those before it, the Town Hall has a very rosy future. Fortunately there are lots of forward-thinking people who are able to see what is on their doorstep and use it to its best advantage and breathe new life into St Albans city centre.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 4 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 5 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 6 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 7 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 8 Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans and Watford
- 9 Have you had your council tax rebate yet?
- 10 Rent this maisonette in a listed former pub for £2,100pcm
Brampton Road, St Albans.