Time for peace
SIR – Eight years ago I watched the TV one day and a spokesman for Afghanistan said the British were sending troops out to Afghanistan to fight them. His reply was, we will kill each one of them. Well, they aren t doing so bad as almost every day there i
SIR - Eight years ago I watched the TV one day and a spokesman for Afghanistan said the British were sending troops out to Afghanistan to fight them. His reply was, we will kill each one of them. Well, they aren't doing so bad as almost every day there is another one of our young soldiers killed or murdered.
I have been very much against this conflict from the beginning and there will be no end to it. Sending 9,000 troops over there is useless against millions of Afghans. There are terrorists all over the world but other countries sort their own problems out.
Mr Brown wants to stop and think before he says we must carry on out there. We need many more troops, helicopters and equipment to do the job. Now our soldiers don't know who is enemy or friend. We cannot fight a conflict like this. I fear for all our lads out there; send them all home to fight a proper war one day.
We must think about the wives, sweethearts, sons and families - God bless them all.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 9 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe