Time for peace
SIR – Eight years ago I watched the TV one day and a spokesman for Afghanistan said the British were sending troops out to Afghanistan to fight them. His reply was, we will kill each one of them. Well, they aren t doing so bad as almost every day there i
SIR - Eight years ago I watched the TV one day and a spokesman for Afghanistan said the British were sending troops out to Afghanistan to fight them. His reply was, we will kill each one of them. Well, they aren't doing so bad as almost every day there is another one of our young soldiers killed or murdered.
I have been very much against this conflict from the beginning and there will be no end to it. Sending 9,000 troops over there is useless against millions of Afghans. There are terrorists all over the world but other countries sort their own problems out.
Mr Brown wants to stop and think before he says we must carry on out there. We need many more troops, helicopters and equipment to do the job. Now our soldiers don't know who is enemy or friend. We cannot fight a conflict like this. I fear for all our lads out there; send them all home to fight a proper war one day.
We must think about the wives, sweethearts, sons and families - God bless them all.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 4 District's COVID cases fall below England's average for first time in a month
- 5 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 6 St Albans named among Britain’s hottest property markets
- 7 Row over charges for garden waste continues
- 8 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 9 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 10 Horse owner pleads with public not to feed equine