SIR — I see that Kat Richardson (Herts Advertiser, May 8) takes issue with my comments about the rigorous ticketing of cars parked in and around Westminster Lodge, St Albans, on April 26 when Zippos Circus was performing. There have been plenty of example
SIR - I see that Kat Richardson (Herts Advertiser, May 8) takes issue with my comments about the rigorous ticketing of cars parked in and around Westminster Lodge, St Albans, on April 26 when Zippos Circus was performing.
There have been plenty of examples of similar over-zealous activity on the part of local traffic wardens - issuing tickets to cars displaying Blue Badges parked at Westminster Lodge and to cars inadvertently parked over the lining at Batchwood where there is actually no parking charge!
I also receive numerous complaints from residents in Controlled Parking Zone D about the rush to issue tickets in their areas. It seems relevant to note that the district council had a shortfall of about £90,000 in anticipated income from parking charges last year. Seems the golden goose is not laying enough eggs!
My comments are not as Ms Richardson suggests "a change of tune" but entirely consistent with the comments that I have made on previous occasions. Ms Richardson's good idea that this was a last-minute trawl for votes is something of a joke.
You may also want to watch:
CLLR ROMA MILLS,
St Albans District Council.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre