SIR — I see that Kat Richardson (Herts Advertiser, May 8) takes issue with my comments about the rigorous ticketing of cars parked in and around Westminster Lodge, St Albans, on April 26 when Zippos Circus was performing. There have been plenty of example
SIR - I see that Kat Richardson (Herts Advertiser, May 8) takes issue with my comments about the rigorous ticketing of cars parked in and around Westminster Lodge, St Albans, on April 26 when Zippos Circus was performing.
There have been plenty of examples of similar over-zealous activity on the part of local traffic wardens - issuing tickets to cars displaying Blue Badges parked at Westminster Lodge and to cars inadvertently parked over the lining at Batchwood where there is actually no parking charge!
I also receive numerous complaints from residents in Controlled Parking Zone D about the rush to issue tickets in their areas. It seems relevant to note that the district council had a shortfall of about £90,000 in anticipated income from parking charges last year. Seems the golden goose is not laying enough eggs!
My comments are not as Ms Richardson suggests "a change of tune" but entirely consistent with the comments that I have made on previous occasions. Ms Richardson's good idea that this was a last-minute trawl for votes is something of a joke.
You may also want to watch:
CLLR ROMA MILLS,
St Albans District Council.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 8 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 9 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery