The tree we deserve
SIR – I wholeheartedly support Peter Ware s campaign to have a Christmas Tree in St Peter s Street. The blue lights there are beautiful but, as a bus traveller, I spend hours at the bus stop wishing, with fellow would-be passengers, that a brightly-lit t
SIR - I wholeheartedly support Peter Ware's campaign to have a Christmas Tree in St Peter's Street. The blue lights there are beautiful but, as a bus traveller, I spend hours at the bus stop wishing, with fellow would-be passengers, that a brightly-lit tree for all to see was outside the old Town Hall.
Let's give St Peter's Street a heart, with a tree, roasted chestnuts and carol singers from local schools and charities.
It can only improve trade and if the cost is made known, let's see if we can raise the money. We can then keep the Arena tree as well, and make St Albans an even better Christmas shopping destination.
You may also want to watch:
Baker Street, Luton
- 1 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 2 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 3 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 4 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 5 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 6 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 7 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 8 St Albans GP publishes guide to living
- 9 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area