The tree we deserve
SIR – I wholeheartedly support Peter Ware s campaign to have a Christmas Tree in St Peter s Street. The blue lights there are beautiful but, as a bus traveller, I spend hours at the bus stop wishing, with fellow would-be passengers, that a brightly-lit t
SIR - I wholeheartedly support Peter Ware's campaign to have a Christmas Tree in St Peter's Street. The blue lights there are beautiful but, as a bus traveller, I spend hours at the bus stop wishing, with fellow would-be passengers, that a brightly-lit tree for all to see was outside the old Town Hall.
Let's give St Peter's Street a heart, with a tree, roasted chestnuts and carol singers from local schools and charities.
It can only improve trade and if the cost is made known, let's see if we can raise the money. We can then keep the Arena tree as well, and make St Albans an even better Christmas shopping destination.
You may also want to watch:
Baker Street, Luton
- 1 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 4 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 5 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 6 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 7 Oaklands College principal leaving after 10 years
- 8 Increase in electric car charging points thanks to new partnership
- 9 Charity for older people has busiest year ever during pandemic
- 10 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament