The tree we deserve
SIR – I wholeheartedly support Peter Ware s campaign to have a Christmas Tree in St Peter s Street. The blue lights there are beautiful but, as a bus traveller, I spend hours at the bus stop wishing, with fellow would-be passengers, that a brightly-lit t
SIR - I wholeheartedly support Peter Ware's campaign to have a Christmas Tree in St Peter's Street. The blue lights there are beautiful but, as a bus traveller, I spend hours at the bus stop wishing, with fellow would-be passengers, that a brightly-lit tree for all to see was outside the old Town Hall.
Let's give St Peter's Street a heart, with a tree, roasted chestnuts and carol singers from local schools and charities.
It can only improve trade and if the cost is made known, let's see if we can raise the money. We can then keep the Arena tree as well, and make St Albans an even better Christmas shopping destination.
You may also want to watch:
Baker Street, Luton
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 6 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'