The tree we deserve
SIR – I wholeheartedly support Peter Ware s campaign to have a Christmas Tree in St Peter s Street. The blue lights there are beautiful but, as a bus traveller, I spend hours at the bus stop wishing, with fellow would-be passengers, that a brightly-lit t
SIR - I wholeheartedly support Peter Ware's campaign to have a Christmas Tree in St Peter's Street. The blue lights there are beautiful but, as a bus traveller, I spend hours at the bus stop wishing, with fellow would-be passengers, that a brightly-lit tree for all to see was outside the old Town Hall.
Let's give St Peter's Street a heart, with a tree, roasted chestnuts and carol singers from local schools and charities.
It can only improve trade and if the cost is made known, let's see if we can raise the money. We can then keep the Arena tree as well, and make St Albans an even better Christmas shopping destination.
You may also want to watch:
Baker Street, Luton
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 8 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 A New York state of mind