The real picture
SIR, — What an infuriating picture you published on your front page (Herts Advertiser, March 26) showing the managing director of First Capital Connect (FCC), Elaine Holt, celebrating the closure of the Farringdon to Moorgate line. Rather than celebrate s
SIR, - What an infuriating picture you published on your front page (Herts Advertiser, March 26) showing the managing director of First Capital Connect (FCC), Elaine Holt, celebrating the closure of the Farringdon to Moorgate line. Rather than celebrate she should be in a sackcloth-and-ashes mode of apology for making a poor service even poorer.
She seems to care little for the welfare of her passengers who, perforce, have little alternative to using the inadequate service she has so long been providing but she then has the gall to imply that she is providing an improvement to services. At least she can console herself in believing that like Royal Mail, by reducing services and improving profits, her customers will be better off as a result.
So we now have the situation where hundreds of commuters from St Albans and all points north and south will have to de-train at Farringdon, climb several steps, cross the footbridge and descend to the Underground lines
And gone is the one comfort for those commuters of being able to get a seat on an empty train at Moorgate after a hard day at the office. So much for service.
You may also want to watch:
Shame on you Ms Holt for failing your passengers in this domineering way.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 5 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 6 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
Townsend Drive, St Albans.