The real picture
SIR, — What an infuriating picture you published on your front page (Herts Advertiser, March 26) showing the managing director of First Capital Connect (FCC), Elaine Holt, celebrating the closure of the Farringdon to Moorgate line. Rather than celebrate s
SIR, - What an infuriating picture you published on your front page (Herts Advertiser, March 26) showing the managing director of First Capital Connect (FCC), Elaine Holt, celebrating the closure of the Farringdon to Moorgate line. Rather than celebrate she should be in a sackcloth-and-ashes mode of apology for making a poor service even poorer.
She seems to care little for the welfare of her passengers who, perforce, have little alternative to using the inadequate service she has so long been providing but she then has the gall to imply that she is providing an improvement to services. At least she can console herself in believing that like Royal Mail, by reducing services and improving profits, her customers will be better off as a result.
So we now have the situation where hundreds of commuters from St Albans and all points north and south will have to de-train at Farringdon, climb several steps, cross the footbridge and descend to the Underground lines
And gone is the one comfort for those commuters of being able to get a seat on an empty train at Moorgate after a hard day at the office. So much for service.
You may also want to watch:
Shame on you Ms Holt for failing your passengers in this domineering way.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 10 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
Townsend Drive, St Albans.