The real picture
SIR, — What an infuriating picture you published on your front page (Herts Advertiser, March 26) showing the managing director of First Capital Connect (FCC), Elaine Holt, celebrating the closure of the Farringdon to Moorgate line. Rather than celebrate s
SIR, - What an infuriating picture you published on your front page (Herts Advertiser, March 26) showing the managing director of First Capital Connect (FCC), Elaine Holt, celebrating the closure of the Farringdon to Moorgate line. Rather than celebrate she should be in a sackcloth-and-ashes mode of apology for making a poor service even poorer.
She seems to care little for the welfare of her passengers who, perforce, have little alternative to using the inadequate service she has so long been providing but she then has the gall to imply that she is providing an improvement to services. At least she can console herself in believing that like Royal Mail, by reducing services and improving profits, her customers will be better off as a result.
So we now have the situation where hundreds of commuters from St Albans and all points north and south will have to de-train at Farringdon, climb several steps, cross the footbridge and descend to the Underground lines
And gone is the one comfort for those commuters of being able to get a seat on an empty train at Moorgate after a hard day at the office. So much for service.
You may also want to watch:
Shame on you Ms Holt for failing your passengers in this domineering way.
- 1 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 2 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 3 Police seek cyclist after city centre assault
- 4 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 5 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 6 How many candidates are standing for county council?
- 7 Former St Albans Mayor celebrates golden wedding
- 8 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 9 Swimming's coming home for Harpenden as club return to refurbished base
- 10 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
Townsend Drive, St Albans.