Thanks to taxis
SIR – I write to ask you if you would be kind enough to convey my deep and sincere thanks to the drivers of Abbey Taxis who kindly helped me get home recently. It was around 12-ish when my usual taxi company let me down as they didn t have a saloon car t
SIR - I write to ask you if you would be kind enough to convey my deep and sincere thanks to the drivers of Abbey Taxis who kindly helped me get home recently.
It was around 12-ish when my usual taxi company let me down as they didn't have a saloon car to send me.
At the time they sent me a big car that I couldn't get up into and they didn't even have a ramp which was ridiculous.
So that driver went to the rank to see if there was someone with a saloon car and even though there was, it seemed they wanted me to take the next taxi even though they could see I was in a wheelchair and obviously disabled.
You may also want to watch:
About six of these drivers surrounded me, all wanting to help me. One of the drivers picked me up like a babe in arms saying I was just like his mum and he was going to lift me into the car.
I got a bit nervous but eventually he got me into Jo Mahmud's taxi and he got me home.
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 4 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 5 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 6 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 7 Oaklands College principal leaving after 10 years
- 8 Harpenden St George's and Old Albanian well represented in England's Six Nations squad
- 9 Charity for older people has busiest year ever during pandemic
- 10 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
They were all so jolly as well. Thanks to all helped me.
MRS M A ALEXANDER,
Hillside Road, St Albans