Thanks to taxis
SIR – I write to ask you if you would be kind enough to convey my deep and sincere thanks to the drivers of Abbey Taxis who kindly helped me get home recently. It was around 12-ish when my usual taxi company let me down as they didn t have a saloon car t
SIR - I write to ask you if you would be kind enough to convey my deep and sincere thanks to the drivers of Abbey Taxis who kindly helped me get home recently.
It was around 12-ish when my usual taxi company let me down as they didn't have a saloon car to send me.
At the time they sent me a big car that I couldn't get up into and they didn't even have a ramp which was ridiculous.
So that driver went to the rank to see if there was someone with a saloon car and even though there was, it seemed they wanted me to take the next taxi even though they could see I was in a wheelchair and obviously disabled.
You may also want to watch:
About six of these drivers surrounded me, all wanting to help me. One of the drivers picked me up like a babe in arms saying I was just like his mum and he was going to lift me into the car.
I got a bit nervous but eventually he got me into Jo Mahmud's taxi and he got me home.
- 1 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 2 St Albans named among best UK places to raise a baby
- 3 GP to retire after 52 years in the NHS
- 4 Property Spotlight: A huge family home on a sought-after St Albans street
- 5 Why have police failed to prosecute over destruction of Smallford Pits wildlife site?
- 6 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 7 Hertfordshire estate agency chain acquires local rival
- 8 Housing boom sees St Albans homes earning more than their owners
- 9 Youth engagement event marks Stephen Lawrence Day in St Albans
- 10 St Albans MP describes fire safety row as ‘national scandal of epic proportions’
They were all so jolly as well. Thanks to all helped me.
MRS M A ALEXANDER,
Hillside Road, St Albans