Thanks to taxis
SIR – I write to ask you if you would be kind enough to convey my deep and sincere thanks to the drivers of Abbey Taxis who kindly helped me get home recently. It was around 12-ish when my usual taxi company let me down as they didn t have a saloon car t
SIR - I write to ask you if you would be kind enough to convey my deep and sincere thanks to the drivers of Abbey Taxis who kindly helped me get home recently.
It was around 12-ish when my usual taxi company let me down as they didn't have a saloon car to send me.
At the time they sent me a big car that I couldn't get up into and they didn't even have a ramp which was ridiculous.
So that driver went to the rank to see if there was someone with a saloon car and even though there was, it seemed they wanted me to take the next taxi even though they could see I was in a wheelchair and obviously disabled.
You may also want to watch:
About six of these drivers surrounded me, all wanting to help me. One of the drivers picked me up like a babe in arms saying I was just like his mum and he was going to lift me into the car.
I got a bit nervous but eventually he got me into Jo Mahmud's taxi and he got me home.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Green light given to new hospital project
- 9 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
They were all so jolly as well. Thanks to all helped me.
MRS M A ALEXANDER,
Hillside Road, St Albans