Thanks to taxis
SIR – I write to ask you if you would be kind enough to convey my deep and sincere thanks to the drivers of Abbey Taxis who kindly helped me get home recently. It was around 12-ish when my usual taxi company let me down as they didn t have a saloon car t
SIR - I write to ask you if you would be kind enough to convey my deep and sincere thanks to the drivers of Abbey Taxis who kindly helped me get home recently.
It was around 12-ish when my usual taxi company let me down as they didn't have a saloon car to send me.
At the time they sent me a big car that I couldn't get up into and they didn't even have a ramp which was ridiculous.
So that driver went to the rank to see if there was someone with a saloon car and even though there was, it seemed they wanted me to take the next taxi even though they could see I was in a wheelchair and obviously disabled.
About six of these drivers surrounded me, all wanting to help me. One of the drivers picked me up like a babe in arms saying I was just like his mum and he was going to lift me into the car.
I got a bit nervous but eventually he got me into Jo Mahmud's taxi and he got me home.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 8 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
They were all so jolly as well. Thanks to all helped me.
MRS M A ALEXANDER,
Hillside Road, St Albans