Sup with the devil
SIR, — As many will know, Simon Hoare is the consultant acting for developers Helioslough on the Radlett Rail Freight Terminal proposal — and reproposal. If one conducts a google search on this chap, it is clear that over the years he has acted for many v
SIR, - As many will know, Simon Hoare is the consultant acting for developers Helioslough on the Radlett Rail Freight Terminal proposal - and reproposal.
If one conducts a google search on this chap, it is clear that over the years he has acted for many varied agencies to achieve planning success across a multitude of diverse schemes.
He also serves as a Conservative councillor at West Oxon - details and office info here: http://www.westoxon.gov.uk/council/councillor.cfm?ward=15.
If one were to write to him at his publicly available address, I wonder if he would be in favour of such a development within his village community of Ramsden in Oxon?
Rather than St Albans forking-out another £500,000 of our money as part of an ongoing and farcically-protracted planning process, I wonder if they could - albeit reluctantly - agree to pay this guy the equivalent of the "win bonus" that he otherwise expects to receive from Helioslough in order that he and the whole problem could "go away". It may cost far less than £500,000.
Just to clarify, I mean St Albans could employ him as a consultant on our side. We know what is said about keeping your friends close - but then again, when you dine with the devil...
- 1 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 2 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 3 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 4 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
- 5 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 6 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 7 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
- 8 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 9 FULL RESULTS: Lib Dem landslide in St Albans council elections
- 10 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Hertfordshire
Napsbury Park, London Colney.