Sup with the devil
SIR, — As many will know, Simon Hoare is the consultant acting for developers Helioslough on the Radlett Rail Freight Terminal proposal — and reproposal. If one conducts a google search on this chap, it is clear that over the years he has acted for many v
SIR, - As many will know, Simon Hoare is the consultant acting for developers Helioslough on the Radlett Rail Freight Terminal proposal - and reproposal.
If one conducts a google search on this chap, it is clear that over the years he has acted for many varied agencies to achieve planning success across a multitude of diverse schemes.
He also serves as a Conservative councillor at West Oxon - details and office info here: http://www.westoxon.gov.uk/council/councillor.cfm?ward=15.
If one were to write to him at his publicly available address, I wonder if he would be in favour of such a development within his village community of Ramsden in Oxon?
You may also want to watch:
Rather than St Albans forking-out another £500,000 of our money as part of an ongoing and farcically-protracted planning process, I wonder if they could - albeit reluctantly - agree to pay this guy the equivalent of the "win bonus" that he otherwise expects to receive from Helioslough in order that he and the whole problem could "go away". It may cost far less than £500,000.
Just to clarify, I mean St Albans could employ him as a consultant on our side. We know what is said about keeping your friends close - but then again, when you dine with the devil...
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
Napsbury Park, London Colney.