SIR — I would like to praise Harpenden Town Council in their approach in listening to the local community for the recent Emerging Core Strategy Planning Consultation. I found the information they provided clear and open, and they have been very helpful in
SIR - I would like to praise Harpenden Town Council in their approach in listening to the local community for the recent Emerging Core Strategy Planning Consultation.
I found the information they provided clear and open, and they have been very helpful in understanding the real impact the decisions from the strategy will have on Harpenden.
I would also like to know what the district council has been doing to communicate in a similar way? Other than the consultation at the Harpenden Public Halls on September 17 (funded by St Albans District Council but strangely promoted as a LibDem event) which did have a good turn out from cross-party councillors, there has been little else to help me understand the real impact of the strategy for Harpenden or provide feedback directly to the decision makers at district council.
Surely for something so important, such public consultations with district councillors should have been organised on a regular basis leading up to the deadline for feedback?
You may also want to watch:
Chesterton Avenue, Harpenden
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 4 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 5 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 8 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward