SIR – On Thursday, September 17, I arrived at St Albans station at 8.05am for my usual commute into London. On approach to the station I was very surprised to see enormous queues of people snaking in and out of the station. No announcements nor signs from
SIR - On Thursday, September 17, I arrived at St Albans station at 8.05am for my usual commute into London.
On approach to the station I was very surprised to see enormous queues of people snaking in and out of the station.
No announcements nor signs from FCC were to be spotted, but relying on fellow commuters I was told that some of the machines were either not working or taking cash only. Not all tickets offices were manned either.
Talking to fellow commuters who had resigned to having to join one of the many queues and having to miss their usual trains, they unanimously agreed that some announcements or signs for which machines were working and whether it takes credit cards or not would have been appreciated. It is only common sense.
You may also want to watch:
I have also signed up to both FCC's travel alerts and Twitter announcements, but no communications was forthcoming to the state of St Albans station either.
On the matter of the strike which was supposed to happen last week, it was very amusing to learn that the radio knew more about the proposed strike than FCC customer service.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 Green light given to new hospital project
- 8 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans
My advice to FCC: get your story right and start communicating to your paying customers! Thanks.