St Albans Town Hall to play host for Wine Festival
SAFDF WINE FESTIVAL IN ASSOCIATION WITH CELLAR DOOR WINES ST ALBANS OLD TOWN HALL 4TH AND 5TH JULY �3 ENTRY St Albans Town Hall will play host to a very special Wine Festival as part of SAFDF, following the success of last year s Big Festival Wine Tasting
SAFDF WINE FESTIVAL IN ASSOCIATION WITH CELLAR DOOR WINES
ST ALBANS OLD TOWN HALL
4TH AND 5TH JULY
St Albans Town Hall will play host to a very special Wine Festival as part of SAFDF, following the success of last year's Big Festival Wine Tasting. The tasting was so popular in 2008 that organisers have decided to extend the event to take place over the whole of the Festival Finale Weekend, and to include the addition of a variety of local artisan food producers at the event too, making this the ultimate 'festival within a festival'.
The event will once again be staged in association with local wine merchants, Cellar Door Wines.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 3 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 4 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 5 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 6 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 7 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 8 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 9 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
- 10 St Albans Striders shine as Midweek Road Race League makes welcome return
There'll be 9 wine importers attending the Festival, each showing around 12 wines, which means there'll be over 100 wines available to taste!
This is no ordinary tasting - the wines will range from the cheap and cheerful to the high-end wines and Champagnes, all in keeping with Cellar Door's ethos of sourcing wines from only the highest quality boutique wine producers - many of the wines exclusive to Cellar Door Wines themselves. As well as the expert opinion from the wine producers themselves, Cellar Door owners Miles and Peter
Lilliott will also be on hand to provide further pearls of wisdom and tasting guidelines.
Whether you're a connoisseur or a total novice when it comes to wine, there truly is something for all tastes at this very special Festival Highlight Event.
Tickets for the event are just �3! This gets Festival-goers 5 tasters, all of which are generous helping so please leave the car at home. More tickets are available thereafter, also at �3 for a further 5 tastings.