St Albans Fashion Week tickets go on sale tomorrow - but get there quick
- Credit: Archant
Fashionistas are gearing up to grab the hottest tickets in town as the St Albans Fashion Week (SAFW) box office opens tomorrow (Friday).
Tickets to the coveted Cathedral Catwalk will go on sale at 5pm, with this year’s event including, not one, but two evenings featuring the longest runway in the country.
Said Ellena Ophira, director of St Albans Fashion Week: “It’s by far the highlight of the week, so we really wanted to offer two shows in the cathedral this year.”
Last year tickets for the event sold out in three days and they are expected to be in even bigger demand this year following the addition of new attractions.
There will now be an opportunity to ‘shop the catwalk’ after the show. Ellena added: “It brings together a real sense of community and carries on the excitement after the show.
“Retailers are throwing themselves into it with mini closets being constructed and a shoe lounge that we just can’t wait to see.”
You may also want to watch:
Other additions include a ‘trend show finale’ where each retailer offers a final look that encapsulates autumn/winter trends.
Photo booths and selfie boards will also be on hand as well as the return of the bridal sequence on the catwalk.
- 1 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 2 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 10 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
Vicky Taylor, assistant director of SAFW, said: “The mood in the Nave really changes at this point; we bring the lights down, the music is much softer and it’s quite a special moment where everyone sits there mesmerised by the romance of it all.”
SAFW will also be supporting Harpenden mum Caroline Jones on her venture to raise money for Cancer Research UK by wearing charity shop clothes every day of the year.
The frugal fashionista will be showcasing her ‘charity shop couture’ where she will style 10 models with local charity shop clothes.
Tickets range from £33 - which is in the front row with a luxury goodie bag included - to £15. All guests will receive a goodie bag. They are available from the cathedral directly or via the website here.