St Albans Fashion Week tickets go on sale tomorrow - but get there quick
- Credit: Archant
Fashionistas are gearing up to grab the hottest tickets in town as the St Albans Fashion Week (SAFW) box office opens tomorrow (Friday).
Tickets to the coveted Cathedral Catwalk will go on sale at 5pm, with this year’s event including, not one, but two evenings featuring the longest runway in the country.
Said Ellena Ophira, director of St Albans Fashion Week: “It’s by far the highlight of the week, so we really wanted to offer two shows in the cathedral this year.”
Last year tickets for the event sold out in three days and they are expected to be in even bigger demand this year following the addition of new attractions.
There will now be an opportunity to ‘shop the catwalk’ after the show. Ellena added: “It brings together a real sense of community and carries on the excitement after the show.
“Retailers are throwing themselves into it with mini closets being constructed and a shoe lounge that we just can’t wait to see.”
You may also want to watch:
Other additions include a ‘trend show finale’ where each retailer offers a final look that encapsulates autumn/winter trends.
Photo booths and selfie boards will also be on hand as well as the return of the bridal sequence on the catwalk.
- 1 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 2 Abbey Theatre banner vanishes from St Albans park railings
- 3 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 4 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 5 Church roof saved thanks to Lottery grant
- 6 Property Spotlight: A barn conversion in an idyllic rural setting
- 7 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 8 We're JJAM-ing at new countryside kitchen
- 9 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 10 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
Vicky Taylor, assistant director of SAFW, said: “The mood in the Nave really changes at this point; we bring the lights down, the music is much softer and it’s quite a special moment where everyone sits there mesmerised by the romance of it all.”
SAFW will also be supporting Harpenden mum Caroline Jones on her venture to raise money for Cancer Research UK by wearing charity shop clothes every day of the year.
The frugal fashionista will be showcasing her ‘charity shop couture’ where she will style 10 models with local charity shop clothes.
Tickets range from £33 - which is in the front row with a luxury goodie bag included - to £15. All guests will receive a goodie bag. They are available from the cathedral directly or via the website here.