St Albans Fashion Week tickets go on sale tomorrow - but get there quick
- Credit: Archant
Fashionistas are gearing up to grab the hottest tickets in town as the St Albans Fashion Week (SAFW) box office opens tomorrow (Friday).
Tickets to the coveted Cathedral Catwalk will go on sale at 5pm, with this year’s event including, not one, but two evenings featuring the longest runway in the country.
Said Ellena Ophira, director of St Albans Fashion Week: “It’s by far the highlight of the week, so we really wanted to offer two shows in the cathedral this year.”
Last year tickets for the event sold out in three days and they are expected to be in even bigger demand this year following the addition of new attractions.
There will now be an opportunity to ‘shop the catwalk’ after the show. Ellena added: “It brings together a real sense of community and carries on the excitement after the show.
“Retailers are throwing themselves into it with mini closets being constructed and a shoe lounge that we just can’t wait to see.”
Other additions include a ‘trend show finale’ where each retailer offers a final look that encapsulates autumn/winter trends.
Photo booths and selfie boards will also be on hand as well as the return of the bridal sequence on the catwalk.
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 3 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 4 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 5 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 6 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 7 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 8 MoonWalk success for the St Albans cancer survivor and her Belgian Buns
- 9 Company of Ten's A Bunch of Amateurs production 'milks the comedy for all its worth' at the Abbey Theatre
- 10 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
Vicky Taylor, assistant director of SAFW, said: “The mood in the Nave really changes at this point; we bring the lights down, the music is much softer and it’s quite a special moment where everyone sits there mesmerised by the romance of it all.”
SAFW will also be supporting Harpenden mum Caroline Jones on her venture to raise money for Cancer Research UK by wearing charity shop clothes every day of the year.
The frugal fashionista will be showcasing her ‘charity shop couture’ where she will style 10 models with local charity shop clothes.
Tickets range from £33 - which is in the front row with a luxury goodie bag included - to £15. All guests will receive a goodie bag. They are available from the cathedral directly or via the website here.