St Albans Fashion Week tickets go on sale tomorrow - but get there quick
- Credit: Archant
Fashionistas are gearing up to grab the hottest tickets in town as the St Albans Fashion Week (SAFW) box office opens tomorrow (Friday).
Tickets to the coveted Cathedral Catwalk will go on sale at 5pm, with this year’s event including, not one, but two evenings featuring the longest runway in the country.
Said Ellena Ophira, director of St Albans Fashion Week: “It’s by far the highlight of the week, so we really wanted to offer two shows in the cathedral this year.”
Last year tickets for the event sold out in three days and they are expected to be in even bigger demand this year following the addition of new attractions.
There will now be an opportunity to ‘shop the catwalk’ after the show. Ellena added: “It brings together a real sense of community and carries on the excitement after the show.
“Retailers are throwing themselves into it with mini closets being constructed and a shoe lounge that we just can’t wait to see.”
Other additions include a ‘trend show finale’ where each retailer offers a final look that encapsulates autumn/winter trends.
Photo booths and selfie boards will also be on hand as well as the return of the bridal sequence on the catwalk.
- 1 Comment: Sad times as St Albans faces the loss of another pub
- 2 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 3 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 4 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 5 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 6 Allinson ‘immensely proud’ despite St Albans City’s FA Cup exit
- 7 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 8 Boreham Wood 4-0 St Albans City: FA Cup fairy tale comes to an end for The Saints
- 9 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 10 Too many dogs – when is enough, enough?
Vicky Taylor, assistant director of SAFW, said: “The mood in the Nave really changes at this point; we bring the lights down, the music is much softer and it’s quite a special moment where everyone sits there mesmerised by the romance of it all.”
SAFW will also be supporting Harpenden mum Caroline Jones on her venture to raise money for Cancer Research UK by wearing charity shop clothes every day of the year.
The frugal fashionista will be showcasing her ‘charity shop couture’ where she will style 10 models with local charity shop clothes.
Tickets range from £33 - which is in the front row with a luxury goodie bag included - to £15. All guests will receive a goodie bag. They are available from the cathedral directly or via the website here.