St Albans casting director looking for teen film stars
TALENTED teenagers could be in with a chance of landing a role in a multi-million pound budget feature film.
Leoni Kibby, a St Albans-based casting director and actress, is currently casting two films which require teenage roles and she is on the lookout for local talent.
One is a feature film, The Toll Bridge, with a multi-million pound budget, based on the award-winning novel by Aidan Chambers. Leoni is looking for a young actor to play Adam, the 18-year-old lead role in the film.
She said: “I am looking for a toned and muscular actor to play Adam, who is unstable, wild, dangerous and very charming. This is an absolutely fantastic role for the right person which could launch an amazing acting career.”
The other film Leoni is casting is a short film Ellie which is being made by St Albans-based director Chris Dundon. She explained: “Ellie is Chris’s second commissioned short film before he begins working on his first feature and again we are looking for a young person to play the lead role.
You may also want to watch:
“Ellie is a 16-year-old street-smart teenager from a working-class background with a smart tongue who is training to be a boxer. She is part tomboy, part rebel but with a good heart. We’re looking for an actress with a natural acting ability who can portray someone with a raw innocence about her.”
Leoni is both a successful casting director and an award-winning actress herself. She has just finished casting the British action feature Sure Fire Hit starring Chris Noth (Mr Big from Sex in the City), Jennifer Ellison, Stuart Manning (Hollyoaks) and Vincent Regan which is due to begin filming later this year at Pinewood. She also recently won an acting role in the major British feature Jack the Ripper to be released in 2012 in which she hopes to be acting alongside Ray Winstone.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
Leoni said: “I love being an actress and a casting director although with two children under seven to look after as well, I am very busy all of the time! But it’s worth it to have such a hugely rewarding career.”
Leoni lives in the city with her two daughters Nala and Nixie. Young actors interested in the two roles should contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org