SIR, — Approaching my 60th birthday I looked up the St Albans website to find out the procedure for applying for my over-60 bus permit. I read that I would have to apply in person at St Albans or Harpenden with various documents and a colour passport pho
SIR, - Approaching my 60th birthday I looked up the St Albans website to find out the procedure for applying for my over-60 bus permit.
I read that I would have to apply in person at St Albans or Harpenden with various documents and a "colour passport photograph". It also stated that it would take two to three weeks to process the application and send out the new permit.
I duly presented myself at Harpenden to be told that the process might take three to four weeks. Are the council always such pessimists?
I was pleasantly surprised to receive the permit eight days later. Well done.
You may also want to watch:
A minor quibble - in digitally reducing the size of my photo to fit the allotted space on the card, the operator did not retain the proportions. I appear to have been squashed from above! I only hope the local bus drivers give me the benefit of the doubt when comparing the permit photo to reality.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
Cumberland Drive, Redbourn.