SIR, — I travel on the M10 every day and am dismayed at the speed at which people drive along this short stretch. I keep to the limit — 70mph for those who have forgotten it — but should I overtake someone going at say 60mph and join the outside lane temp
SIR, - I travel on the M10 every day and am dismayed at the speed at which people drive along this short stretch. I keep to the limit - 70mph for those who have forgotten it - but should I overtake someone going at say 60mph and join the outside lane temporarily, I find some impatient driver right behind me in seconds often gesticulating at me as though I have committed some sort of crime.
Stopping distances seem to be a thing of the past and I laugh when I see two speed merchants behind each other fighting for the oasis of an imaginary pole position.
I'm afraid the only way for these speed merchants to slow down is when they have an accident so could I urge everyone to check their speeds along this stretch or maybe someone could tell me why they feel the need to go 90-100mph down this stretch.
You may also want to watch:
Housefield Way, St Albans.
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 3 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 4 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 5 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 6 Property Spotlight: A stunning period conversion in central St Albans
- 7 Raise a glass to the local brewers facing up to the challenges of lockdown
- 8 Footballers rally round with food drive amid pandemic
- 9 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 10 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?