SIR, — I travel on the M10 every day and am dismayed at the speed at which people drive along this short stretch. I keep to the limit — 70mph for those who have forgotten it — but should I overtake someone going at say 60mph and join the outside lane temp
SIR, - I travel on the M10 every day and am dismayed at the speed at which people drive along this short stretch. I keep to the limit - 70mph for those who have forgotten it - but should I overtake someone going at say 60mph and join the outside lane temporarily, I find some impatient driver right behind me in seconds often gesticulating at me as though I have committed some sort of crime.
Stopping distances seem to be a thing of the past and I laugh when I see two speed merchants behind each other fighting for the oasis of an imaginary pole position.
I'm afraid the only way for these speed merchants to slow down is when they have an accident so could I urge everyone to check their speeds along this stretch or maybe someone could tell me why they feel the need to go 90-100mph down this stretch.
You may also want to watch:
Housefield Way, St Albans.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 5 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 6 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans