SIR, — I travel on the M10 every day and am dismayed at the speed at which people drive along this short stretch. I keep to the limit — 70mph for those who have forgotten it — but should I overtake someone going at say 60mph and join the outside lane temp
SIR, - I travel on the M10 every day and am dismayed at the speed at which people drive along this short stretch. I keep to the limit - 70mph for those who have forgotten it - but should I overtake someone going at say 60mph and join the outside lane temporarily, I find some impatient driver right behind me in seconds often gesticulating at me as though I have committed some sort of crime.
Stopping distances seem to be a thing of the past and I laugh when I see two speed merchants behind each other fighting for the oasis of an imaginary pole position.
I'm afraid the only way for these speed merchants to slow down is when they have an accident so could I urge everyone to check their speeds along this stretch or maybe someone could tell me why they feel the need to go 90-100mph down this stretch.
You may also want to watch:
Housefield Way, St Albans.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure