SIR, — I travel on the M10 every day and am dismayed at the speed at which people drive along this short stretch. I keep to the limit — 70mph for those who have forgotten it — but should I overtake someone going at say 60mph and join the outside lane temp
SIR, - I travel on the M10 every day and am dismayed at the speed at which people drive along this short stretch. I keep to the limit - 70mph for those who have forgotten it - but should I overtake someone going at say 60mph and join the outside lane temporarily, I find some impatient driver right behind me in seconds often gesticulating at me as though I have committed some sort of crime.
Stopping distances seem to be a thing of the past and I laugh when I see two speed merchants behind each other fighting for the oasis of an imaginary pole position.
I'm afraid the only way for these speed merchants to slow down is when they have an accident so could I urge everyone to check their speeds along this stretch or maybe someone could tell me why they feel the need to go 90-100mph down this stretch.
You may also want to watch:
Housefield Way, St Albans.
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 6 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 At last! St Albans is back in business as shops re-open
- 9 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building