SIR, — My wife and I would like to express our extreme gratitude to the anonymous man travelling from Rickmansworth who called the emergency services when our son s car overturned near the Wicked Lady at around 4:30am on May 17. This person s quick thinki
SIR, - My wife and I would like to express our extreme gratitude to the anonymous man travelling from Rickmansworth who called the emergency services when our son's car overturned near the Wicked Lady at around 4:30am on May 17.
This person's quick thinking and prompt action - apparently stopping other traffic in both directions - allowed the services to get our son quickly freed from his car and taken to hospital.
We would also like to express our gratitude to all the members of the emergency services involved. The staff at accident and emergency at QE2 and subsequently the Lister Hospital plastic surgery unit for helping him to a speedy recovery.
Thank you so very much, all of you.
You may also want to watch:
PAUL & ANITA EDMOND,
Tudor Road, Wheathampstead.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 9 Havin a fantastic lunch at new Turkish restaurant
- 10 8 countries added to UK green travel list