SIR, — My wife and I would like to express our extreme gratitude to the anonymous man travelling from Rickmansworth who called the emergency services when our son s car overturned near the Wicked Lady at around 4:30am on May 17. This person s quick thinki
SIR, - My wife and I would like to express our extreme gratitude to the anonymous man travelling from Rickmansworth who called the emergency services when our son's car overturned near the Wicked Lady at around 4:30am on May 17.
This person's quick thinking and prompt action - apparently stopping other traffic in both directions - allowed the services to get our son quickly freed from his car and taken to hospital.
We would also like to express our gratitude to all the members of the emergency services involved. The staff at accident and emergency at QE2 and subsequently the Lister Hospital plastic surgery unit for helping him to a speedy recovery.
Thank you so very much, all of you.
PAUL & ANITA EDMOND,
Tudor Road, Wheathampstead.
- 1 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 2 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 3 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 6 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 7 St Albans haberdashery store celebrates 50 years
- 8 Future of Harpenden Public Halls site revealed
- 9 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing