SIR, — My wife and I would like to express our extreme gratitude to the anonymous man travelling from Rickmansworth who called the emergency services when our son s car overturned near the Wicked Lady at around 4:30am on May 17. This person s quick thinki
SIR, - My wife and I would like to express our extreme gratitude to the anonymous man travelling from Rickmansworth who called the emergency services when our son's car overturned near the Wicked Lady at around 4:30am on May 17.
This person's quick thinking and prompt action - apparently stopping other traffic in both directions - allowed the services to get our son quickly freed from his car and taken to hospital.
We would also like to express our gratitude to all the members of the emergency services involved. The staff at accident and emergency at QE2 and subsequently the Lister Hospital plastic surgery unit for helping him to a speedy recovery.
Thank you so very much, all of you.
You may also want to watch:
PAUL & ANITA EDMOND,
Tudor Road, Wheathampstead.
- 1 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 2 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 3 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 4 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 5 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 6 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 7 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 St Albans-based pharmacy association celebrates centenary
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area