SIR, – I am writing regarding the vacant Vauxhall Garage building and site at the bottom of Towsend Lane, Luton Road, Harpenden. Wouldn t it be great if a local business consortium teamed up with a couple of local celebs, along with the council etc, to c
SIR, - I am writing regarding the vacant Vauxhall Garage building and site at the bottom of Towsend Lane, Luton Road, Harpenden.
Wouldn't it be great if a local business consortium teamed up with a couple of local celebs, along with the council etc, to create a Community Centre which maybe could include a small cinema/theatre, internet or themed cafe, indoor ice rink and other leisure facilities, particularly aimed at the 'young' people of Harpenden - and to include people with disabilities - making a safe and sociable venue as an alternative to the local pubs.
The site is ideally situated so close to the town centre and only metres away from the original Harpenden Embassy Cinema site (where I spent a lot of my youth attending). Wouldn't it be good to have a similar type of venue to the Embassy, which would benefit the whole of our community? It would certainly create some employment for the town as well.
This is the sort of local project I would support. How about you?
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 4 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 7 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 8 St Albans SustFest events aim to boost local nature
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built