SIR, – I am writing regarding the vacant Vauxhall Garage building and site at the bottom of Towsend Lane, Luton Road, Harpenden. Wouldn t it be great if a local business consortium teamed up with a couple of local celebs, along with the council etc, to c
SIR, - I am writing regarding the vacant Vauxhall Garage building and site at the bottom of Towsend Lane, Luton Road, Harpenden.
Wouldn't it be great if a local business consortium teamed up with a couple of local celebs, along with the council etc, to create a Community Centre which maybe could include a small cinema/theatre, internet or themed cafe, indoor ice rink and other leisure facilities, particularly aimed at the 'young' people of Harpenden - and to include people with disabilities - making a safe and sociable venue as an alternative to the local pubs.
The site is ideally situated so close to the town centre and only metres away from the original Harpenden Embassy Cinema site (where I spent a lot of my youth attending). Wouldn't it be good to have a similar type of venue to the Embassy, which would benefit the whole of our community? It would certainly create some employment for the town as well.
This is the sort of local project I would support. How about you?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 8 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?