SIR, — Re you letter headlined Noisy library (Herts Advertiser, April 24). Has this man Norman Hart not got anything better to do with his time than make silly complaints about noise in a library? I would like to point out that the reason teenagers meet
SIR, - Re you letter headlined "Noisy library" (Herts Advertiser, April 24). Has this man Norman Hart not got anything better to do with his time than make silly complaints about noise in a library?
I would like to point out that the reason teenagers meet at this library is mainly to use the computers to help with their homework and gather books for school projects, not every home can afford to run a computer.
It is far better to meet here than go out and cause damage to property. Mr Hart would have a valid complaint then.
It is extremely wrong to say teenagers have no manners as there are none at home. How would he know?
You may also want to watch:
Teenagers today are different to teenagers back in the seventies when I was growing up. You can teach youngsters manners but when they meet up with others who have no regard for anybody else these manners go out the window. If he wants peace and quiet maybe her should read his books in the graveyard.
The sheer volume of people and resources available at the library mean it is impossible to have "quiet" all the time.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 9 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
The play area keeps small children occupied while their parents choose books.
Mr Hart sounds like he could be a double for Victor Meldrew. If this is all he has to moan about, what an easy life he must have.
Falmouth Court, St Albans.