SIR, — Re you letter headlined Noisy library (Herts Advertiser, April 24). Has this man Norman Hart not got anything better to do with his time than make silly complaints about noise in a library? I would like to point out that the reason teenagers meet
SIR, - Re you letter headlined "Noisy library" (Herts Advertiser, April 24). Has this man Norman Hart not got anything better to do with his time than make silly complaints about noise in a library?
I would like to point out that the reason teenagers meet at this library is mainly to use the computers to help with their homework and gather books for school projects, not every home can afford to run a computer.
It is far better to meet here than go out and cause damage to property. Mr Hart would have a valid complaint then.
It is extremely wrong to say teenagers have no manners as there are none at home. How would he know?
Teenagers today are different to teenagers back in the seventies when I was growing up. You can teach youngsters manners but when they meet up with others who have no regard for anybody else these manners go out the window. If he wants peace and quiet maybe her should read his books in the graveyard.
The sheer volume of people and resources available at the library mean it is impossible to have "quiet" all the time.
- 1 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 3 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 4 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 5 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 6 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 7 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 8 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 10 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
The play area keeps small children occupied while their parents choose books.
Mr Hart sounds like he could be a double for Victor Meldrew. If this is all he has to moan about, what an easy life he must have.
Falmouth Court, St Albans.