Shopping parade is in decline
SIR – A lack of maintenance to the Abbots Avenue West shopping parade street furniture over many years has contributed to the general rundown appearance of the area, so any money put into cleaning up and renewing furniture will naturally be welcomed! Sadl
SIR - A lack of maintenance to the Abbots Avenue West shopping parade street furniture over many years has contributed to the general rundown appearance of the area, so any money put into cleaning up and renewing furniture will naturally be welcomed!
Sadly, one of the major eyesores of the area is caused by drivers parking on the grass verges while shopping.
If we can prevent cars from churning up the verges this would go a long way towards improving the appearance of the area and make it so much more attractive for those who both live there and those passing through.
While most residents have welcomed the suggestions put forward during the consultation period, the suggestion to install EXTRA lighting as a way of lighting up the area was rejected by those living in the flats above the shops and those adjacent to the shops.
Who felt that better management of the existing lighting was needed, rather than more and brighter lighting being employed?
NAME & ADDRESS
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 3 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 4 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 5 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 6 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 7 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 8 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 9 Have you had your council tax rebate yet?
- 10 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans