Shopping parade is in decline
SIR – A lack of maintenance to the Abbots Avenue West shopping parade street furniture over many years has contributed to the general rundown appearance of the area, so any money put into cleaning up and renewing furniture will naturally be welcomed! Sadl
SIR - A lack of maintenance to the Abbots Avenue West shopping parade street furniture over many years has contributed to the general rundown appearance of the area, so any money put into cleaning up and renewing furniture will naturally be welcomed!
Sadly, one of the major eyesores of the area is caused by drivers parking on the grass verges while shopping.
If we can prevent cars from churning up the verges this would go a long way towards improving the appearance of the area and make it so much more attractive for those who both live there and those passing through.
While most residents have welcomed the suggestions put forward during the consultation period, the suggestion to install EXTRA lighting as a way of lighting up the area was rejected by those living in the flats above the shops and those adjacent to the shops.
You may also want to watch:
Who felt that better management of the existing lighting was needed, rather than more and brighter lighting being employed?
NAME & ADDRESS
- 1 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 6 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park