Shopping parade is in decline
SIR – A lack of maintenance to the Abbots Avenue West shopping parade street furniture over many years has contributed to the general rundown appearance of the area, so any money put into cleaning up and renewing furniture will naturally be welcomed! Sadl
SIR - A lack of maintenance to the Abbots Avenue West shopping parade street furniture over many years has contributed to the general rundown appearance of the area, so any money put into cleaning up and renewing furniture will naturally be welcomed!
Sadly, one of the major eyesores of the area is caused by drivers parking on the grass verges while shopping.
If we can prevent cars from churning up the verges this would go a long way towards improving the appearance of the area and make it so much more attractive for those who both live there and those passing through.
While most residents have welcomed the suggestions put forward during the consultation period, the suggestion to install EXTRA lighting as a way of lighting up the area was rejected by those living in the flats above the shops and those adjacent to the shops.
You may also want to watch:
Who felt that better management of the existing lighting was needed, rather than more and brighter lighting being employed?
NAME & ADDRESS
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 4 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 5 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 6 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 7 Oaklands College principal leaving after 10 years
- 8 Charity for older people has busiest year ever during pandemic
- 9 Harpenden St George's and Old Albanian well represented in England's Six Nations squad
- 10 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament