SIR — I am writing to support district Cllr Roma Mills campaign to keep open the Jubilee Day Care Centre in St Albans. As a disabled person l know only too well the benefits of having the outside stimulation of activities and companionship which would no
SIR - I am writing to support district Cllr Roma Mills' campaign to keep open the Jubilee Day Care Centre in St Albans.
As a disabled person l know only too well the benefits of having the outside stimulation of activities and companionship which would not be available if one is confined to home and the same carer everyday. The Jubilee Centre gives daily respite to both carers and their disabled and elderly family. Why is it that when a budget needs cutting in Herts, it always means the end for very necessary and vital facilities?
Surely it is better to refurbish the existing building and we all know that a new building will not be forthcoming. Those who make these decisions may need these facilities in the future themselves. Community care is clearly not working as it is way over-stretched and under-funded.
Luton Road, Harpenden.
- 1 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 2 In pictures: Harpenden Christmas Carnival makes long-awaited return
- 3 Property Spotlight: See inside this stunning £2.1m period home in St Albans
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Sing out for Christmas with Clarence Park carol service
- 8 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 9 Museum lit in orange to highlight gender-based violence
- 10 Saints happy to escape Kent with a point after poor showing at Tonbridge