SIR — I am writing to support district Cllr Roma Mills campaign to keep open the Jubilee Day Care Centre in St Albans. As a disabled person l know only too well the benefits of having the outside stimulation of activities and companionship which would no
SIR - I am writing to support district Cllr Roma Mills' campaign to keep open the Jubilee Day Care Centre in St Albans.
As a disabled person l know only too well the benefits of having the outside stimulation of activities and companionship which would not be available if one is confined to home and the same carer everyday. The Jubilee Centre gives daily respite to both carers and their disabled and elderly family. Why is it that when a budget needs cutting in Herts, it always means the end for very necessary and vital facilities?
Surely it is better to refurbish the existing building and we all know that a new building will not be forthcoming. Those who make these decisions may need these facilities in the future themselves. Community care is clearly not working as it is way over-stretched and under-funded.
You may also want to watch:
Luton Road, Harpenden.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 5 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 6 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 7 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire