SIR, — Re you story headlined Sunny weather brings parking blitz on motorists (Herts Advertiser, May 1). I too was at the park enjoying the weather with my family on Saturday, April 26, and could not believe the selfish way some drivers had parked near
SIR, - Re you story headlined "Sunny weather brings parking blitz on motorists" (Herts Advertiser, May 1). I too was at the park enjoying the weather with my family on Saturday, April 26, and could not believe the selfish way some drivers had parked near Westminster Lodge. Most of the culprits had parked on the centre strip of the access road or along its grass verges restricting access for any large vehicle such as fire tenders or ambulances.
There are signs on both sides of the road at the junction to Holywell Hill and also adjacent to all three pay machines which advise that it is an offence to park on the access roads, grass verges and paved areas. NCP had an obligation to issue those 50 tickets.
What I find more disturbing is Cllr Roma Mills comments, to suggest that NCP issued tickets as a way of making up a shortfall in revenue is unbelievable. The restrictions in force for all three car parks are clearly displayed and are there to ensure the safety of all park users, not just those with vehicles.
If an incident occurred and access for emergency vehicles was hampered by illegal parking, there would no doubt be an outcry that NCP had failed to do it's job.
You may also want to watch:
I also seem to recall Cllr Mills speaking out against selfish motorists parking on the grass verges in the Batchwood Drive area and the damage this caused, so once again a change of tune for Roma or did her comments have anything to do with the fact that the article was due to be published on election day?
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 10 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
Temple View, St Albans.