Sir, - Once again we come to the time of the year when the schools close down for their annual break. That means many schools are vulnerable to break-ins, vandalism and loss of valuable equipment (i.e. computers). What can we do to stop this happening? Wh
Sir, - Once again we come to the time of the year when the schools close down for their annual break. That means many schools are vulnerable to break-ins, vandalism and loss of valuable equipment (i.e. computers).
What can we do to stop this happening? Why not, along with your neighbours make all endeavors to stop this happening?
If you see any strangers taking an unusual interest, see or hear anything which might appear suspicious then report it immediately to the police (tel: 0845 3300222) to enable them to check it out.
In the past few weeks a number of incidents have been reported at local shops and premises where they have been broken into with money or goods being stolen.
You may also want to watch:
If you have any information or witnessed anything suspicious then please ring the incident room non-emergency number 0845 3300222 or alternatively call Crime stoppers, an independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555111. You do not have to give your name and you could be entitled to a cash reward.
There is an organisation called Neighbourhood Watch in every area of St Albans District who encourage and also train citizens on ways in which they can help to protect their own and their neighbours property's and also look out for the elderly and vulnerable people in their neighbourhood, who are subjected to intimidation by cold callers.
- 1 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 2 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 3 Police seek cyclist after city centre assault
- 4 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 5 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 6 How many candidates are standing for county council?
- 7 Former St Albans Mayor celebrates golden wedding
- 8 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 9 Swimming's coming home for Harpenden as club return to refurbished base
- 10 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
It is also their endeavour to assist the Police in any way possible to help to eliminate crime and disorder in the neighbourhood.
If you would like more details please ring 01727 796087 for further information.
Please don't leave it to someone else to do, otherwise it might not get done at all