Harvest flower festival this weekend at Sandridge church
- Credit: Archant
A traditional harvest flower festival is to take place this weekend at St Leonard’s Church in Sandridge.
The event, which takes place between 10am-6pm on Friday October 2 to Sunday October 4, will also host a cake and preserve stall outside, and craft sessions for children in the churchyard.
This year’s festival, with the theme ‘A Harvest of Words’, will follow Covid precautions for those attending in person, and also have the event available online via the church’s website.
Festival co-ordinator Christine Nutton said: “We are very grateful to all those who have co-operated to make this possible.”
Visitors are invited to bring a harvest offering at any point over the three days and leave it in the church. All donations are in aid of Vineyard food bank.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday, October 4, an all-age outdoor harvest thanksgiving service will take place, starting at 10am.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 8 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 9 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 10 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?