Harvest flower festival this weekend at Sandridge church
- Credit: Archant
A traditional harvest flower festival is to take place this weekend at St Leonard’s Church in Sandridge.
The event, which takes place between 10am-6pm on Friday October 2 to Sunday October 4, will also host a cake and preserve stall outside, and craft sessions for children in the churchyard.
This year’s festival, with the theme ‘A Harvest of Words’, will follow Covid precautions for those attending in person, and also have the event available online via the church’s website.
Festival co-ordinator Christine Nutton said: “We are very grateful to all those who have co-operated to make this possible.”
Visitors are invited to bring a harvest offering at any point over the three days and leave it in the church. All donations are in aid of Vineyard food bank.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday, October 4, an all-age outdoor harvest thanksgiving service will take place, starting at 10am.
- 1 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 'Life-changing and life-enhancing' - St Albans woman reveals impact of Duke of Edinburgh award
- 4 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 5 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 6 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire town of Bishop's Stortford
- 7 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 8 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street