Harvest flower festival this weekend at Sandridge church
- Credit: Archant
A traditional harvest flower festival is to take place this weekend at St Leonard’s Church in Sandridge.
The event, which takes place between 10am-6pm on Friday October 2 to Sunday October 4, will also host a cake and preserve stall outside, and craft sessions for children in the churchyard.
This year’s festival, with the theme ‘A Harvest of Words’, will follow Covid precautions for those attending in person, and also have the event available online via the church’s website.
Festival co-ordinator Christine Nutton said: “We are very grateful to all those who have co-operated to make this possible.”
Visitors are invited to bring a harvest offering at any point over the three days and leave it in the church. All donations are in aid of Vineyard food bank.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday, October 4, an all-age outdoor harvest thanksgiving service will take place, starting at 10am.
- 1 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 2 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 3 COVID-19 accounted for over 15 per cent of St Albans' deaths, says ONS data
- 4 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 5 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 6 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 7 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 8 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone