Same old story
SIR, — I have recently left the fair city of St Albans for that other fair city, Dublin. I was back in town over Christmas and picked up a copy of the Herts Advertiser to see what was new etc. Amazingly stories of Nomansland and witty stories regarding th
SIR, - I have recently left the fair city of St Albans for that other fair city, Dublin. I was back in town over Christmas and picked up a copy of the Herts Advertiser to see what was new etc.
Amazingly stories of Nomansland and witty stories regarding the state of the roads - which are appalling - still seem to be the order of the day. Nice to see some do not change!
One curious letter did surprise me. The correspondent was complaining regarding traffic wardens working on days when parking is free. His point was that the only people to catch would be those illegally parked, say blocking pedestrian crossings. For the record this is the whole point of parking enforcement, to prevent dangerous situations, not to generate cashflow from some poor shopper who is late back to their car park or similar
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 8 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 9 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 10 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest