Salon review: Emerald Brows
- Credit: Archant
Through a small door at the back of a Harpenden hair salon was the last place I expected to find the A-list brow whizz I’d heard so much about.
But you once you enter this hidden high street haven, you realise why owner of the recently refurbished space, Jigna Soni, is so popular with her top celeb clients.
Pruning the likes of Emma Watson, Little Mix, Alexandra Burke, and the Princess of Quatar with the cult ‘HD Brow’ technique, Jigna has left her space in London for her new Harpenden salon, Emerald Brows.
But Jigna doesn’t only offer the best brows in the district, she’ll cater to all of your beauty and pamper needs.
I began my Sunday afternoon with the HD brows, a branded technique that has taken the beauty world by storm.
You may also want to watch:
Your trained stylist maps out your face shape and skin tone, putting you on a re-growth programme if necessary.
The technique combines waxing, threading and plucking to give you the best brows around, without the usual pain associated with the techniques (especially threading).
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
I usually do my eyebrows myself, so I was wary that this approach may look too bold or unnatural for my usually understated arch.
But Jigna, one of only two HD Master Stylists in the South, soon put my worries at ease and began working wonders.
I looked in the mirror following the treatment and was beyond amazed at the difference, and I received compliments throughout the following three weeks (around how long the brows lasted).
I was then treated to a Dr Murad facial, targeted specifically to brighten up my skin, which was feeling particularly unloved following a pretty dismal summer.
Jigna cleansed my face before steaming and exfoliating. I spent the next 45 minutes relaxed and came away feeling rejuvenated- my skin was actually glowing.
If your skin is feeling dry and dull coming into the winter months, this is absolutely the facial for you.
I finished my afternoon pampering session with an Indian head massage; the perfect way to relieve the tension build up in my shoulders that comes in hand with a desk job.
My three fabulous treatments were made that much better by the exceptionally warm service I received from Jigna.
Clearly knowledgeable and super talented, it was her personable nature that made my Sunday afternoon.
If you’re looking to pamper yourself before a big event, or simply take some time out, this little salon is the perfect place.
The prime location means it’s easy to get to, and you could even finish your look with a blow dry in the neighbouring hair salon like I did.
I walked out from Emerald Brows feeling truly relaxed and ready for the frosty season ahead.