SIR, — I wish to acknowledge the sad passing of Karen DuGard, a valued member of our community, after her long and courageous fight against cancer. This village will be forever indebted to her and the LOOPS (Lorries Out Of Park Street) group for her tirel
SIR, - I wish to acknowledge the sad passing of Karen DuGard, a valued member of our community, after her long and courageous fight against cancer.
This village will be forever indebted to her and the LOOPS (Lorries Out Of Park Street) group for her tireless campaign to reduce lorry movements through Park Street, making it a safer environment for all, especially children walking to school.
I have requested that she be posthumously nominated for a community award for services rendered, alongside that of Kathy Bolshaw (STRIFE) who also received the certificate for her work on the rail freight terminal.
Her funeral will be held at West Herts Crematorium, North Chapel, on Tuesday, August 26, at 11.20am. Flowers may be sent to Ginders Funeral Directors by 10 o'clock that day, or donations to Cancer Research or the Peace Hospice, Watford. All are welcome to attend.
You may also want to watch:
Long may she be remembered.
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 4 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 5 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 6 Police hunt man suspected of breaking into Cathedral collection boxes
- 7 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 8 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 9 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian home on one of St Albans' most prestigious roads
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Frogmore, Park Street.