SIR, — I wish to acknowledge the sad passing of Karen DuGard, a valued member of our community, after her long and courageous fight against cancer. This village will be forever indebted to her and the LOOPS (Lorries Out Of Park Street) group for her tirel
SIR, - I wish to acknowledge the sad passing of Karen DuGard, a valued member of our community, after her long and courageous fight against cancer.
This village will be forever indebted to her and the LOOPS (Lorries Out Of Park Street) group for her tireless campaign to reduce lorry movements through Park Street, making it a safer environment for all, especially children walking to school.
I have requested that she be posthumously nominated for a community award for services rendered, alongside that of Kathy Bolshaw (STRIFE) who also received the certificate for her work on the rail freight terminal.
Her funeral will be held at West Herts Crematorium, North Chapel, on Tuesday, August 26, at 11.20am. Flowers may be sent to Ginders Funeral Directors by 10 o'clock that day, or donations to Cancer Research or the Peace Hospice, Watford. All are welcome to attend.
Long may she be remembered.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 4 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 5 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 6 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 7 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 8 Have you had your council tax rebate yet?
- 9 Rent this maisonette in a listed former pub for £2,100pcm
- 10 Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans and Watford
Frogmore, Park Street.