SIR, — I wish to acknowledge the sad passing of Karen DuGard, a valued member of our community, after her long and courageous fight against cancer. This village will be forever indebted to her and the LOOPS (Lorries Out Of Park Street) group for her tirel
SIR, - I wish to acknowledge the sad passing of Karen DuGard, a valued member of our community, after her long and courageous fight against cancer.
This village will be forever indebted to her and the LOOPS (Lorries Out Of Park Street) group for her tireless campaign to reduce lorry movements through Park Street, making it a safer environment for all, especially children walking to school.
I have requested that she be posthumously nominated for a community award for services rendered, alongside that of Kathy Bolshaw (STRIFE) who also received the certificate for her work on the rail freight terminal.
Her funeral will be held at West Herts Crematorium, North Chapel, on Tuesday, August 26, at 11.20am. Flowers may be sent to Ginders Funeral Directors by 10 o'clock that day, or donations to Cancer Research or the Peace Hospice, Watford. All are welcome to attend.
You may also want to watch:
Long may she be remembered.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
Frogmore, Park Street.