SIR, — All credit to those people who gave up their time and made the effort to take part in the Midnight Walk to raise money for Grove House on Saturday, June 28 — but could the organisers not have given a bit more thought to the route? The walkers came
SIR, - All credit to those people who gave up their time and made the effort to take part in the Midnight Walk to raise money for Grove House on Saturday, June 28 - but could the organisers not have given a bit more thought to the route?
The walkers came through the middle of Jersey Farm at about 2am laughing, chatting and calling out to one another.
A group of organisers stood outside our bedroom window for almost half-an-hour greeting and encouraging walkers as they passed by, without any thought to the noise they were making. As it was a hot night we had our windows open and the noise woke up our whole family.
Great job girls but next year can you do it on tip toe please or find a different route?
You may also want to watch:
Craiglands, Jersey Farm.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 4 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 5 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested