SIR, — All credit to those people who gave up their time and made the effort to take part in the Midnight Walk to raise money for Grove House on Saturday, June 28 — but could the organisers not have given a bit more thought to the route? The walkers came
SIR, - All credit to those people who gave up their time and made the effort to take part in the Midnight Walk to raise money for Grove House on Saturday, June 28 - but could the organisers not have given a bit more thought to the route?
The walkers came through the middle of Jersey Farm at about 2am laughing, chatting and calling out to one another.
A group of organisers stood outside our bedroom window for almost half-an-hour greeting and encouraging walkers as they passed by, without any thought to the noise they were making. As it was a hot night we had our windows open and the noise woke up our whole family.
Great job girls but next year can you do it on tip toe please or find a different route?
You may also want to watch:
Craiglands, Jersey Farm.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?