SIR, — All credit to those people who gave up their time and made the effort to take part in the Midnight Walk to raise money for Grove House on Saturday, June 28 — but could the organisers not have given a bit more thought to the route? The walkers came
SIR, - All credit to those people who gave up their time and made the effort to take part in the Midnight Walk to raise money for Grove House on Saturday, June 28 - but could the organisers not have given a bit more thought to the route?
The walkers came through the middle of Jersey Farm at about 2am laughing, chatting and calling out to one another.
A group of organisers stood outside our bedroom window for almost half-an-hour greeting and encouraging walkers as they passed by, without any thought to the noise they were making. As it was a hot night we had our windows open and the noise woke up our whole family.
Great job girls but next year can you do it on tip toe please or find a different route?
You may also want to watch:
Craiglands, Jersey Farm.
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 6 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 9 Hundreds of Herts health workers decline COVID-19 vaccines
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building