SIR, — Am I right in thinking that the Harpenden Station Road North post office is the only one in the Batford area? If so, its closure must be resisted at all costs. People living in the Batford area cannot be told to go to the main Harpenden office. It
SIR, - Am I right in thinking that the Harpenden Station Road North post office is the only one in the Batford area? If so, its closure must be resisted at all costs. People living in the Batford area cannot be told to go to the main Harpenden office. It must be retained or replaced.
I don't live in the affected area, but I have a personal interest in opposing the closure. When I need a post office, I usually drive across Harpenden to the Station Road North office or to Kinsbourne Green to avoid the queues and waiting at the main Harpenden office. I am not alone.
Mr Willsohn (Herts Advertiser, July 10) says that this proposed closure is long overdue. He is wrong, I am delighted to hear of the Liberal Democrat support for the campaign against closure, which so annoys Mr Willsohn, and I wish them, and everyone else involved, success. By the way I am a member of the Conservative Party.
You may also want to watch:
Old Rectory Close, Harpenden.
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 6 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 9 Hundreds of Herts health workers decline COVID-19 vaccines
- 10 'Hero without a cape' comes to the aid of Park Street resident