SIR, — I regret the pending closure of Station Road North post office branch in Harpenden. It s exactly what a village post office should be. Combined with its useful shop, a trip to Sheilah s is a pleasant experience. The main post office, however, with
SIR, - I regret the pending closure of Station Road North post office branch in Harpenden. It's exactly what a village post office should be. Combined with its useful shop, a trip to Sheilah's is a pleasant experience.
The main post office, however, with its shuffling queues and noisy TV adverts is not - it reminds me of George Orwell's Big Brother.
I shall continue to use Sheilah's shop but my post office requirements will be met at Southdown where also one finds a supermarket, hardware shop, pharmacy, butchers, bike shop and many more, all within easy walking distance of free parking.
You may also want to watch:
Pickford Hill, Harpenden.
- 1 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 2 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 3 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 4 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 5 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 6 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 7 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 St Albans-based pharmacy association celebrates centenary
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area