SIR, — I regret the pending closure of Station Road North post office branch in Harpenden. It s exactly what a village post office should be. Combined with its useful shop, a trip to Sheilah s is a pleasant experience. The main post office, however, with
SIR, - I regret the pending closure of Station Road North post office branch in Harpenden. It's exactly what a village post office should be. Combined with its useful shop, a trip to Sheilah's is a pleasant experience.
The main post office, however, with its shuffling queues and noisy TV adverts is not - it reminds me of George Orwell's Big Brother.
I shall continue to use Sheilah's shop but my post office requirements will be met at Southdown where also one finds a supermarket, hardware shop, pharmacy, butchers, bike shop and many more, all within easy walking distance of free parking.
You may also want to watch:
Pickford Hill, Harpenden.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire