SIR, — I regret the pending closure of Station Road North post office branch in Harpenden. It s exactly what a village post office should be. Combined with its useful shop, a trip to Sheilah s is a pleasant experience. The main post office, however, with
SIR, - I regret the pending closure of Station Road North post office branch in Harpenden. It's exactly what a village post office should be. Combined with its useful shop, a trip to Sheilah's is a pleasant experience.
The main post office, however, with its shuffling queues and noisy TV adverts is not - it reminds me of George Orwell's Big Brother.
I shall continue to use Sheilah's shop but my post office requirements will be met at Southdown where also one finds a supermarket, hardware shop, pharmacy, butchers, bike shop and many more, all within easy walking distance of free parking.
You may also want to watch:
Pickford Hill, Harpenden.
- 1 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 2 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 7 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 8 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 9 Alban Arena launches annual pantomime with Strictly Come Dancing star
- 10 A New York state of mind