Reader letter: should fishing be banned?
- Credit: Debbie White/Archant
I live on the River Lea in Harpenden. Since the start of the fishing season (June 16) I have seen many dead but once obviously very healthy, fish floating down stream.
Not only is this distressing to see but it is occurring on a stretch of the river that has ‘no fishing’ signs prominently displayed.
When said anglers are approached, a string of abuse eminates from them stating: “We aren’t doing any harm.” That is not the conclusion I have drawn from what I see on a regular basis.
I am coming round to thinking fishing should be banned.
Lower Luton Road, Harpenden
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 3 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 4 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 5 Property Spotlight: See inside this stunning £2.1m period home in St Albans
- 6 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 7 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 8 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 9 Future of Harpenden Public Halls site revealed
- 10 'Risky' new plans to transform St Albans city centre for a post-pandemic world