Reader letter: should fishing be banned?
- Credit: Debbie White/Archant
I live on the River Lea in Harpenden. Since the start of the fishing season (June 16) I have seen many dead but once obviously very healthy, fish floating down stream.
Not only is this distressing to see but it is occurring on a stretch of the river that has ‘no fishing’ signs prominently displayed.
When said anglers are approached, a string of abuse eminates from them stating: “We aren’t doing any harm.” That is not the conclusion I have drawn from what I see on a regular basis.
I am coming round to thinking fishing should be banned.
You may also want to watch:
Lower Luton Road, Harpenden
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public