SIR, — Now that the dust has settled on the inquiry into the proposed Strategic Rail Freight Interchange at Radlett, I felt that I must write to publicly thank Cathy Bolshaw and her colleagues at STRiFE for the splendid job they did in putting together th
SIR, - Now that the dust has settled on the inquiry into the proposed Strategic Rail Freight Interchange at Radlett, I felt that I must write to publicly thank Cathy Bolshaw and her colleagues at STRiFE for the splendid job they did in putting together the case against the application by Helioslough.
Having spent several days at the hearing myself, I can only express my admiration at the fortitude of the STRiFE team in attending every minute of every day of the giving of evidence and the cross-examination of that evidence.
I must also congratulate the STRiFE barrister, Mr Paul Stinchcombe, on the destruction of the Helioslough case in his closing submission. It was well worth the applause given by those members of the public of the public in the St Albans District Council chamber on that day.
I think that it can fairly be said that, whatever the outcome of the inquiry, those residents of the district of St Albans who opposed this monstrous application can be confident that nothing more could have been done on their behalf. We can now only hope that the Government inspector will have the wisdom to reject this totally unwanted application in all respects.
You may also want to watch:
Bucknalls Drive, Bricket Wood.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions