SIR - Four what and why on earth moments in last week s Herts Advertiser (June 18). What was the busy chief executive of St Albans Arts doing spending important paid time disputing a penalty charge notice given to a contractor for parking in a loading b
SIR - Four 'what and why on earth' moments in last week's Herts Advertiser (June 18).
What was the busy chief executive of St Albans Arts doing spending important paid time disputing a penalty charge notice given to a contractor for parking in a loading bay five months ago (letters)? And telling us about his public-spirited altruism! Unless it was effectively a press release promoting the St Albans Festival.
Why does the unfortunate bike-crash victim chairman of Harpenden Youth Council live in Wheathampstead (report page three)?
What doesn't Pete Roberts understand about the campaigning responsibilities of a local newspaper (letters)?
You may also want to watch:
The wooden footbridge at the mill in Wheathampstead is a notorious well-known trip hazard which the statutory bodies have failed to repair and make safe, despite repeated requests.
A photo and feature article and - hey presto - someone's going to pop round to sort it out.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 10 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
And why was a wheelchair-confined resident of a retirement home living on the first floor (web edition, June 19)?
In the event of a fire, lifts are automatically disabled. And why in a recently-built development did the unfortunate lady have to rely on a battery-operated alarm? And where was the resident warden?