SIR - Four what and why on earth moments in last week s Herts Advertiser (June 18). What was the busy chief executive of St Albans Arts doing spending important paid time disputing a penalty charge notice given to a contractor for parking in a loading b
SIR - Four 'what and why on earth' moments in last week's Herts Advertiser (June 18).
What was the busy chief executive of St Albans Arts doing spending important paid time disputing a penalty charge notice given to a contractor for parking in a loading bay five months ago (letters)? And telling us about his public-spirited altruism! Unless it was effectively a press release promoting the St Albans Festival.
Why does the unfortunate bike-crash victim chairman of Harpenden Youth Council live in Wheathampstead (report page three)?
What doesn't Pete Roberts understand about the campaigning responsibilities of a local newspaper (letters)?
You may also want to watch:
The wooden footbridge at the mill in Wheathampstead is a notorious well-known trip hazard which the statutory bodies have failed to repair and make safe, despite repeated requests.
A photo and feature article and - hey presto - someone's going to pop round to sort it out.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 5 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 6 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 7 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 8 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 9 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 10 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
And why was a wheelchair-confined resident of a retirement home living on the first floor (web edition, June 19)?
In the event of a fire, lifts are automatically disabled. And why in a recently-built development did the unfortunate lady have to rely on a battery-operated alarm? And where was the resident warden?