SIR - Congratulations are due to those concerned with our landfill problem – now sorted. A simple, effective plan, according to a circular received today, ie: ...this will help to minimise the uncontrolled quantity of excess waste currently put out for
SIR - Congratulations are due to those concerned with our landfill problem - now sorted. A simple, effective plan, according to a circular received today, ie: "...this will help to minimise the uncontrolled quantity of excess waste currently put out for collection and going to landfill".
Why didn't we think of it before? Of course. Just use the PURPLE plastic bags they have now delivered instead of the old BLACK ones! Hooray! (Actually the logic of how this works escapes me for the moment but, hey, it sounds great - and I am sure they must know what they are doing!)Perhaps a pity about the mounds of black plastic now to be junked by everybody...? Oh well.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 2 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 5 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 6 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 9 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 10 COVID-19 accounted for over 15 per cent of St Albans' deaths, says ONS data