SIR - Congratulations are due to those concerned with our landfill problem – now sorted. A simple, effective plan, according to a circular received today, ie: ...this will help to minimise the uncontrolled quantity of excess waste currently put out for
SIR - Congratulations are due to those concerned with our landfill problem - now sorted. A simple, effective plan, according to a circular received today, ie: "...this will help to minimise the uncontrolled quantity of excess waste currently put out for collection and going to landfill".
Why didn't we think of it before? Of course. Just use the PURPLE plastic bags they have now delivered instead of the old BLACK ones! Hooray! (Actually the logic of how this works escapes me for the moment but, hey, it sounds great - and I am sure they must know what they are doing!)Perhaps a pity about the mounds of black plastic now to be junked by everybody...? Oh well.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 6 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 9 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'