SIR - Congratulations are due to those concerned with our landfill problem – now sorted. A simple, effective plan, according to a circular received today, ie: ...this will help to minimise the uncontrolled quantity of excess waste currently put out for
SIR - Congratulations are due to those concerned with our landfill problem - now sorted. A simple, effective plan, according to a circular received today, ie: "...this will help to minimise the uncontrolled quantity of excess waste currently put out for collection and going to landfill".
Why didn't we think of it before? Of course. Just use the PURPLE plastic bags they have now delivered instead of the old BLACK ones! Hooray! (Actually the logic of how this works escapes me for the moment but, hey, it sounds great - and I am sure they must know what they are doing!)Perhaps a pity about the mounds of black plastic now to be junked by everybody...? Oh well.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 2 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 3 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 4 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 5 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 6 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 7 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 St Albans-based pharmacy association celebrates centenary
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area