SIR - Congratulations are due to those concerned with our landfill problem – now sorted. A simple, effective plan, according to a circular received today, ie: ...this will help to minimise the uncontrolled quantity of excess waste currently put out for
SIR - Congratulations are due to those concerned with our landfill problem - now sorted. A simple, effective plan, according to a circular received today, ie: "...this will help to minimise the uncontrolled quantity of excess waste currently put out for collection and going to landfill".
Why didn't we think of it before? Of course. Just use the PURPLE plastic bags they have now delivered instead of the old BLACK ones! Hooray! (Actually the logic of how this works escapes me for the moment but, hey, it sounds great - and I am sure they must know what they are doing!)Perhaps a pity about the mounds of black plastic now to be junked by everybody...? Oh well.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre