SIR, — As members of Francis Bacon Maths and Computing College sixth form, we would like to express our disappointment at your article concerning the inadequate state of the school (Herts Advertiser, July 10). Having been pupils at the school for six ye
SIR, - As members of Francis Bacon Maths and Computing College sixth form, we would like to express our disappointment at your article concerning the "inadequate" state of the school (Herts Advertiser, July 10).
Having been pupils at the school for six years now, we feel we are in a good position to contradict your negative suggestions. We both have achieved well at the school and believe - no matter what Ofsted comments about areas of the school - there are many strong, commendable aspects.
We feel you have portrayed our school in a negative light based solely on parts of the Ofsted report.
The paper is read by many members of the public, including former and prospective students. This kind of publicity is detrimental to the reputation of the school.
This response is something that we feel we needed to do, being passionate about our school.
AMY WELLS and HOLLIE HATHERELL,
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 3 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 4 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 5 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 6 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 7 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 8 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 9 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 10 Return of Harpenden Carnival promises fun for all the family
Francis Bacon Sixth Form.
n Editor's note: Our report was factual and based on the findings of the Ofsted inspectors and more than half of it consisted of the balancing views of head Ms Jacqui Verrall. Our editorial comment was also supportive of the head.