SIR, — As members of Francis Bacon Maths and Computing College sixth form, we would like to express our disappointment at your article concerning the inadequate state of the school (Herts Advertiser, July 10). Having been pupils at the school for six ye
SIR, - As members of Francis Bacon Maths and Computing College sixth form, we would like to express our disappointment at your article concerning the "inadequate" state of the school (Herts Advertiser, July 10).
Having been pupils at the school for six years now, we feel we are in a good position to contradict your negative suggestions. We both have achieved well at the school and believe - no matter what Ofsted comments about areas of the school - there are many strong, commendable aspects.
We feel you have portrayed our school in a negative light based solely on parts of the Ofsted report.
The paper is read by many members of the public, including former and prospective students. This kind of publicity is detrimental to the reputation of the school.
You may also want to watch:
This response is something that we feel we needed to do, being passionate about our school.
AMY WELLS and HOLLIE HATHERELL,
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 4 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 5 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 8 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
Francis Bacon Sixth Form.
n Editor's note: Our report was factual and based on the findings of the Ofsted inspectors and more than half of it consisted of the balancing views of head Ms Jacqui Verrall. Our editorial comment was also supportive of the head.