Comment: Would you dare to bare at Bricket Wood naturist resort?
- Credit: Archant
Here in Herts we’re blessed with many fabulous homes, from multi-million pound mansions to character-packed flats and more quirky conversions than you could shake an old electricity substation at.
Oh, and we also have our very own naturist resort.
Spielplatz - German for ‘playground’ – is located off Bricket Wood’s Lye Lane, and is home to around 50 residents whose properties are set in more than 11 acres of land.
Believed to be the UK’s longest-operating naturist resort, Spielplatz has had quite a high profile over the years, featuring in More4 TV documentary The Naked Village a few years back as well as on The One Show, among others.
If this sounds like all your property dreams come true, I’m excited to reveal that there are three homes currently on the market at the Bricket Wood retreat - all clearly labelled “naturists only”.
You may also want to watch:
Marketed by JW&Co and priced from £75,000 for a one-bed park home to £395,000 for a flashier two-bed place, they all include access to the resort’s 20 metre outdoor pool - one of the village’s main selling points, right up there with the sauna and hot tub. What more could a naturist need?
Not sure you’re ready to commit to a life of full-time nudity? Well luckily it’s possible to try before you buy, with a day visit to the resort setting you back just £15 (or £25 for a couple). Throw in an overnight camping stay for an additional £7 per tent, or a chalet with pool view for £55 and you’re all set. But with temperatures dipping, you’d be advised to act fast…
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 7 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 8 A New York state of mind
- 9 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 10 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire