Comment: Would you dare to bare at Bricket Wood naturist resort?
- Credit: Archant
Here in Herts we’re blessed with many fabulous homes, from multi-million pound mansions to character-packed flats and more quirky conversions than you could shake an old electricity substation at.
Oh, and we also have our very own naturist resort.
Spielplatz - German for ‘playground’ – is located off Bricket Wood’s Lye Lane, and is home to around 50 residents whose properties are set in more than 11 acres of land.
Believed to be the UK’s longest-operating naturist resort, Spielplatz has had quite a high profile over the years, featuring in More4 TV documentary The Naked Village a few years back as well as on The One Show, among others.
If this sounds like all your property dreams come true, I’m excited to reveal that there are three homes currently on the market at the Bricket Wood retreat - all clearly labelled “naturists only”.
You may also want to watch:
Marketed by JW&Co and priced from £75,000 for a one-bed park home to £395,000 for a flashier two-bed place, they all include access to the resort’s 20 metre outdoor pool - one of the village’s main selling points, right up there with the sauna and hot tub. What more could a naturist need?
Not sure you’re ready to commit to a life of full-time nudity? Well luckily it’s possible to try before you buy, with a day visit to the resort setting you back just £15 (or £25 for a couple). Throw in an overnight camping stay for an additional £7 per tent, or a chalet with pool view for £55 and you’re all set. But with temperatures dipping, you’d be advised to act fast…
- 1 Battle of St Albans appears on new Wars of the Roses stamp
- 2 University student digs World War One trench in St Albans garden for film project close to his heart
- 3 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 6 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 7 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 8 Budding Beaumont School playwright Oliver wins scriptwriting competition
- 9 Confetti cannons released at primary school 50th birthday
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Rickmansworth