St Albans named as one of England’s most family-friendly places
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
St Albans has been named as one of the best cities in England to raise a family.
The Cathedral city scored high on a range of criteria, including schools, safety, and family-friendly attractions.
Researchers from Electric Ride on Cars looked at data for 100 of England’s biggest cities and awarded each a score out of 100 to create a ranking.
St Albans came in fifth place with 69.5, behind Lincoln (77.05), Norwich (73.48), Blackpool (70.72) and Harrogate (70.2).
Family-friendly restaurants were the city’s biggest success story – it came out on top in this area, with 21.32 such eateries per square mile.
It also came third for family attractions, with 2.15 per square mile, fourth for safety, with a rating of 78.54 out of 100, and fifth for schools, with 20.12 per cent of all of those within 10 miles ranked ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted.
You may also want to watch:
The city did less well where affordability was concerned, coming bottom for the average cost of a three-bed home (£665,439) and the monthly price for full-time private childcare (£1,404.25).
The data was drawn from a range of sources, including Zoopla, Ofsted and Tripadvisor.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 9 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 10 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover