Peak period for property moves in and around Hertfordshire revealed
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
August is the most popular time of the year for people in our part of the country to move house, a new study has revealed.
According to Safestore, August is the month when most East of England residents decide to make their move, a trend shared with London dwellers and those in the South East.
July is marginally more popular UK-wide, meaning the summer months have the overall edge on the other seasons, with 29 per cent of UK movers opting to go when the weather's warmer.
Paul Barker of Paul Barker Estate Agents in St Albans said that there's so much movement in the summer months because of the spike in sales around Easter time.
"From a sales perspective, that's when most people start looking and it would be two to three months before they complete," he said.
Autumn was the next most popular time of year to make a move (27 per cent), followed by spring (23 per cent) and winter (21 per cent).
Rental enquiries also peaked during the summer, with queries regarding lettings at their highest during August, with July coming a close second.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 5 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 6 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 7 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 8 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 9 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 10 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
Safestore said this was likely to be due to families wishing to get settled before the new school year starts.