Top five home improvement projects ideal for autumn
- Credit: Archant
As the kids go back to school, September is the time for home improvements - according to a home improvements firm.
Anglian Home Improvements have put together their top five projects to help keep homeowners busy now that the holiday season is over.
1. Make an entrance – replacing a front door is a quick and effective way to boost the overall feel of your home and make a great first impression.
2. Live a life in colour – exciting new catwalk colours are trending and you can dramatically change a room with a simple coat of paint.
3. Get cosy – autumn is the perfect time to think about upgrading your heating system, replacing old windows with energy efficient double or triple-glazed ones or considering decorative glass, which can be designed as you want.
You may also want to watch:
4. Get crafty with upcycling – give old furniture a new lease of life and take inspiration from Pinterest, get expert advice and information online or visit a local DIY store.
5. Make more room – adding a conservatory or extension can provide an easier solution than moving house to those who lack space for their growing fanily.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to
- 10 St Albans man's charity walk in memory of dad who died following heart attack
Mark Ottaway, managing director - London North and East Anglia for Anglian Home Improvements, said: “With beaches and barbecues becoming distant memories, the seasons noticeably change and the reassurance of routine returns to family life with the start of a new school term.
“September is the month that mental lists and plans formulated on sun loungers start to become reality. Whether looking to make a property more attractive to buyers, taking inspiration from autumn/winter trends or tailoring the home in preparation for the countdown to Christmas, now is the time people tend to spur into action.”
If you’re in need of design ideas, visit www.anglianhome.co.uk for inspiration.