Top 3 barn conversions in Herts
- Credit: Archant
Barn conversions are an exciting way of intermingling rustic ruralism with neoterics and modern fixtures and fittings. These three are beautifully re-modelled, inside and out, connecting country-life with an almost natural form of industrialism.
The Barn, Manor Farm, Markyate | £725,000
Surrounded by woodland and meadows and formerly just a barn belonging to the adjacent manor house, this property is now far from that. Flooded throughout with natural light, features include a spiral staircase and an en-suite master bedroom.
Fine & Country | 01582 793116 | fineandcountry.com
Sperrins Farm, Kimpton, Hitchin | £2,500,000
Departing from the usual country style of most hay barn conversions, modern decorating shows how sleek furnishings can look great in large open-plan spaces against a backdrop of wood floors and high ceilings. Eco-friendly features throughout.
Savills | 01582 465 002 | savills.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
Foxfield, Kimpton | £1,890,000
An exceptional barn conversion with a skilfully designed interior graced with beams and many characterful features, set amidst delightful one acre gardens in the rural hamlet of Porters End.
John Curtis | 01582 839200 | johncurtis.co.uk
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 5 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 6 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 8 'Nothing will take away what she has done to our daughter'
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal