Top 3 barn conversions in Herts
- Credit: Archant
Barn conversions are an exciting way of intermingling rustic ruralism with neoterics and modern fixtures and fittings. These three are beautifully re-modelled, inside and out, connecting country-life with an almost natural form of industrialism.
The Barn, Manor Farm, Markyate | £725,000
Surrounded by woodland and meadows and formerly just a barn belonging to the adjacent manor house, this property is now far from that. Flooded throughout with natural light, features include a spiral staircase and an en-suite master bedroom.
Fine & Country | 01582 793116 | fineandcountry.com
Sperrins Farm, Kimpton, Hitchin | £2,500,000
Departing from the usual country style of most hay barn conversions, modern decorating shows how sleek furnishings can look great in large open-plan spaces against a backdrop of wood floors and high ceilings. Eco-friendly features throughout.
Savills | 01582 465 002 | savills.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
Foxfield, Kimpton | £1,890,000
An exceptional barn conversion with a skilfully designed interior graced with beams and many characterful features, set amidst delightful one acre gardens in the rural hamlet of Porters End.
John Curtis | 01582 839200 | johncurtis.co.uk
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo