Top 3 barn conversions in Herts
- Credit: Archant
Barn conversions are an exciting way of intermingling rustic ruralism with neoterics and modern fixtures and fittings. These three are beautifully re-modelled, inside and out, connecting country-life with an almost natural form of industrialism.
The Barn, Manor Farm, Markyate | £725,000
Surrounded by woodland and meadows and formerly just a barn belonging to the adjacent manor house, this property is now far from that. Flooded throughout with natural light, features include a spiral staircase and an en-suite master bedroom.
Fine & Country | 01582 793116 | fineandcountry.com
Sperrins Farm, Kimpton, Hitchin | £2,500,000
Departing from the usual country style of most hay barn conversions, modern decorating shows how sleek furnishings can look great in large open-plan spaces against a backdrop of wood floors and high ceilings. Eco-friendly features throughout.
Savills | 01582 465 002 | savills.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
Foxfield, Kimpton | £1,890,000
An exceptional barn conversion with a skilfully designed interior graced with beams and many characterful features, set amidst delightful one acre gardens in the rural hamlet of Porters End.
John Curtis | 01582 839200 | johncurtis.co.uk
- 1 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 2 Abbey Theatre banner vanishes from St Albans park railings
- 3 Property Spotlight: A barn conversion in an idyllic rural setting
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Church roof saved thanks to Lottery grant
- 6 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 7 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 8 We're JJAM-ing at new countryside kitchen
- 9 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans