Revealed: The most Googled ‘how to’ topics during lockdown
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Many of us have been spending time at home during lockdown looking at ways of improving our outside space – and Googling some surprising home improvement topics.
According to a new study of average monthly search volumes on Google by Mojo Mortgages, there was a 90 per cent increase in ‘how to’ searches during April.
Searches for one particular outdoor garden feature experienced the biggest increase by far, with ‘how to build a pergola’ up by a whopping 950 per cent over the 30-day period.
This was followed by ‘how to get a pallet’ (550 per cent), ‘how to use compost’ (500 per cent) and ‘how to put down artificial turf’ (350 per cent).
‘How to…’ topics with the biggest increase in searches
Build a pergola - 950%
You may also want to watch:
Get a pallet - 550%
Use compost - 500%
- 1 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 2 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 3 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 4 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 5 COVID-19 accounted for over 15 per cent of St Albans' deaths, says ONS data
- 6 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 7 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 8 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
Put down artificial turf - 350%
Do decking - 300%
Lay a concrete slab - 300%
Build a fire pit - 300%
Do fence panelling - 250%
Create a patio - 250%
Make a bird feeder - 250%
Fence paint has also been trending on Google, with dark oak, slate grey, sage and autumn gold colours proving the most popular search queries.