Revealed: The most Googled ‘how to’ topics during lockdown
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Many of us have been spending time at home during lockdown looking at ways of improving our outside space – and Googling some surprising home improvement topics.
According to a new study of average monthly search volumes on Google by Mojo Mortgages, there was a 90 per cent increase in ‘how to’ searches during April.
Searches for one particular outdoor garden feature experienced the biggest increase by far, with ‘how to build a pergola’ up by a whopping 950 per cent over the 30-day period.
This was followed by ‘how to get a pallet’ (550 per cent), ‘how to use compost’ (500 per cent) and ‘how to put down artificial turf’ (350 per cent).
‘How to…’ topics with the biggest increase in searches
Build a pergola - 950%
You may also want to watch:
Get a pallet - 550%
Use compost - 500%
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to
Put down artificial turf - 350%
Do decking - 300%
Lay a concrete slab - 300%
Build a fire pit - 300%
Do fence panelling - 250%
Create a patio - 250%
Make a bird feeder - 250%
Fence paint has also been trending on Google, with dark oak, slate grey, sage and autumn gold colours proving the most popular search queries.