The early bird catches the (property) worm
- Credit: Archant
We are at that time of year when local homeowners face a dilemma whether to place their property onto the market before Christmas or wait until the New Year.
The indications this year are that the market will continue to remain strong as opposed to previous years when things tend to run out of puff and there is an air of resigned inevitably.
Moreover, the overriding market sentiment this year has been a lack of stock and this will become more pronounced in the coming weeks; thereby reducing competition amongst sellers and perhaps securing better prices due to less choice on the market for serious buyers.
There is another major reason to consider a marketing campaign sooner rather than later due to the high number of visitors/potential buyers who search for a new home over the Christmas holidays on the major portals.
According to Google analytic and trends, Rightmove enjoys 1 million visits on Christmas Day and 2.2 million on New Year’s Day.
You may also want to watch:
Zoopla reports a 70 percent increase in property related searchers during the festive period and a staggering 6.4 million visits.
This is serious exposure with buyers armed with their new smart phones and tablets and no doubt setting up their favourite apps.
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 4 Harpenden St George's and Old Albanian well represented in England's Six Nations squad
- 5 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 6 Herts covered in blanket of snow as flurries fell on Sunday
- 7 When One Direction, Ed Sheeran, The Police and Led Zep played Herts gigs
- 8 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 9 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 10 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
We appreciate a marketing campaign to include viewings at this time of year can be difficult and inconvenient but taking advantage of enquiries on the two main portals from would-be buyers over Christmas must be advantageous. Then let the viewings commence in the New year!
We would be happy to hear from any potential vendors considering selling to discuss a marketing strategy to suit. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from all at Aitchisons.