The early bird catches the (property) worm
- Credit: Archant
We are at that time of year when local homeowners face a dilemma whether to place their property onto the market before Christmas or wait until the New Year.
The indications this year are that the market will continue to remain strong as opposed to previous years when things tend to run out of puff and there is an air of resigned inevitably.
Moreover, the overriding market sentiment this year has been a lack of stock and this will become more pronounced in the coming weeks; thereby reducing competition amongst sellers and perhaps securing better prices due to less choice on the market for serious buyers.
There is another major reason to consider a marketing campaign sooner rather than later due to the high number of visitors/potential buyers who search for a new home over the Christmas holidays on the major portals.
According to Google analytic and trends, Rightmove enjoys 1 million visits on Christmas Day and 2.2 million on New Year’s Day.
You may also want to watch:
Zoopla reports a 70 percent increase in property related searchers during the festive period and a staggering 6.4 million visits.
This is serious exposure with buyers armed with their new smart phones and tablets and no doubt setting up their favourite apps.
- 1 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 2 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Community opens book shed to share the gift of reading
- 5 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 6 Turning over a new leaf as lockdown ends
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 Hundreds of Herts health workers decline COVID-19 vaccines
- 9 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 10 St Albans Rainbow Trail Easter competition raises funds for Home-Start Herts
We appreciate a marketing campaign to include viewings at this time of year can be difficult and inconvenient but taking advantage of enquiries on the two main portals from would-be buyers over Christmas must be advantageous. Then let the viewings commence in the New year!
We would be happy to hear from any potential vendors considering selling to discuss a marketing strategy to suit. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from all at Aitchisons.