The 10 most unneighbourly behaviours revealed
- Credit: Getty Images/F1online RF
Stealing our bin space and failing to maintain their lawns and driveways are the two most annoying things our neighbours can do, a new study has revealed.
According to web-blinds.com, more than a fifth (21 per cent) of Brits have considered moving house to escape their neighbours’ irritating ways – and 4 per cent have gone ahead and done it.
More than 2,800 UK adults were asked whether they’d ever been left feeling disgruntled by their current or previous neighbours’ behaviour, either in or around their homes, and 88 per cent answered ‘yes’.
The study suggested that the great British reserve may be a thing of the past, with 52 per cent admitting they had confronted their neighbours about their behaviour.
Only a third (32 per cent) felt this made a difference to their situation going forward, however – and 41 per cent said it made matters worse.
You may also want to watch:
Melissa Benedict, spokesperson for web-blinds.com, said: “It seems as a nation we are becoming increasingly more agitated with those who share the same postcodes as us.
“Having to deal with the occasional loud party next door during the summer months is one thing, but being kept awake night after night or not being able to move your car out of the drive can have a serious effect on how much you enjoy your home.”
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
Top 10 neighbour no-nos
1. Messy front lawns/driveways – 68%
2. Stolen bin space – 52%
3. Loud music/TV late at night – 50%
4. Inconsiderate parking -47%
5. Screaming/noisy babies and children – 45%
6. Loud DIY home improvements – 37%
7. Throwing parties with lots of friends – 31%
8. Asking overly friendly/nosy questions – 26%
9. Not returning borrowed items – 17%
10. Loud love-making sessions – 11%