Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
Herts Ad Property team
- Credit: Supplied by Martine Bridge [mbri
Renters are choosing to try before they buy at a major St Albans development, with nearly a quarter of townhouse tenants purchasing their rental properties.
In total, occupants of three out of 13 Gabriel Square townhouses have opted to buy their rental home and make it their permanent address (23 per cent).
The city centre development, which comprises of 52 townhouses and 28 apartments arranged around a garden square, was completed by Meyer Homes in 2017.
Sebastian and Verity Fletcher*, both 41, were among the first occupants, having moved from London to a rented townhouse with their young daughter in 2018.
Sebastian said: “We had always said that we would be interested in purchasing our townhouse once we’d had a try at renting in the area first.
You may also want to watch:
"We absolutely love it here. Having been at Gabriel Square since 2018, we have got to know pretty much everybody at the development, who range from older couples down to young families and professionals.
"Having the communal garden square in particular has been great for our daughter over the years, who has often played with our neighbours’ children here. The high street is just a five minute walk away, we are surrounded by good schools and transport links, there’s gated security and the house is of excellent quality."
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 5 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 St Albans MP vows to fight developer 'free for all' to protect Herts Green Belt
- 8 Pupils' brighter walk to school thanks to developer
- 9 Look! See inside spectacular new lights display at St Albans Cathedral
- 10 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
Split over four floors, the townhouse features three double bedrooms plus a single bedroom/study, an open plan kitchen/diner, a separate lounge, luxury bathroom, garage, private garden and roof terrace.
Just six townhouses remain for sale at Gabriel Square, priced from £965,000.
*names have been changed.