Summer decor trend takes inspiration from sugary treats
- Credit: Archant
Summer just got sweet, with sugary shades inspired by tasty ice cream treats, our favourite dessert for the season, starring on the decor menu.
Think mouth-watering tones of vanilla, strawberry pink, pistachio, butterscotch and lemony yellow, and either use them sundae style - by whipping up a delicious mix - or simply add single scoops of colour to lift a room.
“The most delicious colours of summer this year are definitely the ice cream shades, which capture the essence of a day at the beach,” says Marianne Shillingford, creative director at Dulux.
“You can create your own decorating sundae, with creamy Vanilla Scoop between layers of chocolatey Rope Swing and the butterscotch hints of Sandy Steps from our range. These colours have been designed to evoke the essence of the seaside, and what’s so lovely about them is that they look warm but fresh during the day, and soft and flattering once the sun’s gone down.”
If you want a fresh and inviting look, use different shades of pretty pastels for walls, woodwork and furniture, to create an easy-on-the-eye harmonious atmosphere for your parlour.
You may also want to watch:
With sunny days on the way, this is an ideal time to give rooms a makeover, or at least a refresh, and feast on full-fat colour for light and lovely schemes.
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 2 Dirty Dancing and The Greatest Showman among St Albans open-air cinema screenings
- 3 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Author explores city's hidden history
- 6 Mental Health Awareness Week: Easing children’s worries and fears after lockdown
- 7 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 8 Whipsnade Zoo to celebrate 90th birthday with fun family activities
- 9 Olympic hopeful Raissa Vickery benefits from 948 Sports Foundation help
- 10 Council elections: who are St Albans Liberal Democrat candidates?