Property Spotlight: A barn conversion on the outskirts of Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
The Granary is a stunning four bedroom Green Oak timber-framed barn conversion, located in a private gated courtyard development on a leafy no through road on the outer fringes of Stevenage.
Converted in 2000 and consisting of nine separate dwellings, The Granary was originally built for agricultural use as a cow shed to the neighbouring farm.
It has since been subdivided and sympathetically developed into an impressive residential enclave featuring all nine properties circumventing a central courtyard.
With individual parking and a private gated entrance, this residence would therefore be perfect for a family or a bolthole for anyone wishing to have a part time UK residency.
With a west facing sunny garden, a plethora of original features and fine views across Forster countryside off the rear elevations, this property is a home to be admired and enjoyed for years to come.
You may also want to watch:
Weston Road, Stevenage
- 1 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 2 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 3 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 4 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 5 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 6 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 7 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 St Albans-based pharmacy association celebrates centenary
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Guide price: £625,000
Fine & Country, 01462 222555, www.fineandcountry.com