St Albans scores high on list of Britain’s property millionaires
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
St Albans has the sixth highest number of property millionaires in Britain outside London, a new study has revealed.
According to Zoopla, 10 per cent of St Albans’ housing stock is made up of £1m-plus properties – a total of 4,981 individual homes.
The current average property value in St Albans is £596,890.
Guildford topped the list with 5,889 £1m-plus properties, followed by Cambridge, Reading, Sevenoaks and Oxford.
Not surprisingly, most of Britain’s 768,553 property millionaires – whose homes account for 2.7 per cent of the nation’s housing stock - live in London.
You may also want to watch:
There are 430,720 £1m-plus homes in the Greater London area - 12.8 per cent of the capital’s total.
And their number is ever increasing: there are now 143,476 (22.95 per cent) more property millionaires in Britain than there were in August 2016 when the data was last analysed.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 5 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 8 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
Lawrence Hall, spokesperson for Zoopla, said: “Whilst there might be a greater number of £1m-plus properties than ever before, the data shows that they still only represent a small fraction of all UK housing stock.”
Want to see when you’ll make the property rich list? Have a look at Zoopla’s £1m property calculator tool, which shows homeowners when their property might make the cut.