St Albans scores high on list of Britain’s property millionaires
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
St Albans has the sixth highest number of property millionaires in Britain outside London, a new study has revealed.
According to Zoopla, 10 per cent of St Albans’ housing stock is made up of £1m-plus properties – a total of 4,981 individual homes.
The current average property value in St Albans is £596,890.
Guildford topped the list with 5,889 £1m-plus properties, followed by Cambridge, Reading, Sevenoaks and Oxford.
Not surprisingly, most of Britain’s 768,553 property millionaires – whose homes account for 2.7 per cent of the nation’s housing stock - live in London.
You may also want to watch:
There are 430,720 £1m-plus homes in the Greater London area - 12.8 per cent of the capital’s total.
And their number is ever increasing: there are now 143,476 (22.95 per cent) more property millionaires in Britain than there were in August 2016 when the data was last analysed.
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 6 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 At last! St Albans is back in business as shops re-open
- 9 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building
Lawrence Hall, spokesperson for Zoopla, said: “Whilst there might be a greater number of £1m-plus properties than ever before, the data shows that they still only represent a small fraction of all UK housing stock.”
Want to see when you’ll make the property rich list? Have a look at Zoopla’s £1m property calculator tool, which shows homeowners when their property might make the cut.