St Albans scores high on list of Britain’s property millionaires
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
St Albans has the sixth highest number of property millionaires in Britain outside London, a new study has revealed.
According to Zoopla, 10 per cent of St Albans’ housing stock is made up of £1m-plus properties – a total of 4,981 individual homes.
The current average property value in St Albans is £596,890.
Guildford topped the list with 5,889 £1m-plus properties, followed by Cambridge, Reading, Sevenoaks and Oxford.
Not surprisingly, most of Britain’s 768,553 property millionaires – whose homes account for 2.7 per cent of the nation’s housing stock - live in London.
There are 430,720 £1m-plus homes in the Greater London area - 12.8 per cent of the capital’s total.
And their number is ever increasing: there are now 143,476 (22.95 per cent) more property millionaires in Britain than there were in August 2016 when the data was last analysed.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 8 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
Lawrence Hall, spokesperson for Zoopla, said: “Whilst there might be a greater number of £1m-plus properties than ever before, the data shows that they still only represent a small fraction of all UK housing stock.”
Want to see when you’ll make the property rich list? Have a look at Zoopla’s £1m property calculator tool, which shows homeowners when their property might make the cut.