St Albans scores high on list of Britain’s property millionaires
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
St Albans has the sixth highest number of property millionaires in Britain outside London, a new study has revealed.
According to Zoopla, 10 per cent of St Albans’ housing stock is made up of £1m-plus properties – a total of 4,981 individual homes.
The current average property value in St Albans is £596,890.
Guildford topped the list with 5,889 £1m-plus properties, followed by Cambridge, Reading, Sevenoaks and Oxford.
Not surprisingly, most of Britain’s 768,553 property millionaires – whose homes account for 2.7 per cent of the nation’s housing stock - live in London.
You may also want to watch:
There are 430,720 £1m-plus homes in the Greater London area - 12.8 per cent of the capital’s total.
And their number is ever increasing: there are now 143,476 (22.95 per cent) more property millionaires in Britain than there were in August 2016 when the data was last analysed.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
Lawrence Hall, spokesperson for Zoopla, said: “Whilst there might be a greater number of £1m-plus properties than ever before, the data shows that they still only represent a small fraction of all UK housing stock.”
Want to see when you’ll make the property rich list? Have a look at Zoopla’s £1m property calculator tool, which shows homeowners when their property might make the cut.