St Albans named UK's chicest city
- Credit: Archant
St Albans is the chicest city in the UK according to a new style index.
Interior design company, Dowsing & Reynolds, ranked a range of cities on chicness (boutique hotels), cultural infrastructure (listed buildings and museums), interest in style (online searches related to interior design) and future potential (number of and quality of interior design courses).
The Cathedral city came top in the chic stakes in the new index, picking up full marks.
Dowling & Reynolds mused on its website: "As well as having Roman roots, St Albans is home to some of the highest-rated boutique hotels in the UK.
"St Michael’s Manor offers one of a kind accommodation in a grand setting near the Abbey, while Torrington Hall is a chic gem, nestled inside a 19th century mansion right in the centre of town."
Bath came a chic second, followed by Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
You may also want to watch:
Bath also came top for cultural infrastructure, while the 'interest in style' prize went to Salford and London ranked highest for future potential.
When it came to an overall ranking based on all four categories combined, Bath was victorious.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 7 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 8 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 9 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 10 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
Xander Shreenan, interior designer at Dowsing & Reynolds, said: "Our intrigue around interior design sky-rocketed during the UK’s multiple lockdowns [and] interest has remained strong in these stunning cities."