St Albans named as one of the 10 best locations to raise a family in and around London
- Credit: Archant
St Albans has scored high on a list of the best locations to raise a family in and around London.
Online estate agency, Yopa, placed the Cathedral city third on their hotlist, which ranks areas on a number of factors, including Ofsted reports, GP access, crime rates, green space and higher earning potential.
The Happy Family Home Guide 2018 interactive tool (www.yopa.co.uk/family) allows house hunters to type in their budget before filtering which variables matter most to reveal the most suitable location.
Walton-on-Thames in Surrey topped the list, while Tunbridge Wells in Kent came second.
Researchers also asked parents based in the capital for the reasons they would like to leave London.
You may also want to watch:
59 per cent of those with school aged children said that improving their family’s prospects was a major priority – the highest dissatisfaction figure across Britain.
Concerns about crime are the main reason that London parents want to quit the capital, with 29 per cent listing this as an issue.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
More than a quarter of London parents said they would like to move to a new home within the commuter belt, with 27 per cent saying they’d prefer a property within 25 miles of the capital. Somewhere like St Albans…
The top 10 family locations in and around London:
1. Walton-on-Thames, Surrey
2. Tunbridge Wells, Kent
3. St Albans, Hertfordshire
4. Esher, Surrey
5. Brentwood, Essex
6. Guildford, Surrey
7. Richmond upon Thames, Greater London
8. Chelmsford, Essex
9. Maidenhead, Berkshire
10. Harrow, Greater London